Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Please be careful with bones, they can be a choking hazard. We give our guys cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, and blueberries. They also get green beans, broccoli, baby carrots and a hard boiled egg once in a while.
For store bought treat we buy Benny Bully Freeze Dried Liver treats, or the Fruitables, both are all natural. Other than that we give them a piece of their own kibble when we want to bribe them to do something lol.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
My guys get frozen green beans or yellow they love them actually go nuts for them
I find them in the scratch and dent veggie bin for like a dollar a bag , I go thru them to make sure none are past due and then just freeze them .

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Don't do it... they are a chocking hazard and processed bull penis. 🤢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned that same thing here when Joey was a baby. My "mom needs peace" chewy was a bully ring until I found out what it was and so high in sodium and STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN, not to mention the choking hazard. Won't ever see on of those in this house :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
we use nuvet vitamins as a daily treat
homemade baked sweet potato fries, just peel and cut and bake, keep in the fridge between paper towels
freeze dried liver pieces (small)
frozen green beans (though i usually forget to buy them)
cooked (or raw) egg, a sunday treat for Lola, fried or hard boiled

Great suggestions! Especially the sweet potato fries! I tried freeze dried liver, she would not eat and fresh frozen green beans she did not like either. I bet that she would like the egg though! Thanks!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] [MENTION=16041]rbourque314[/MENTION] [MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!! Thank you!!

Just some education, why RAW bones and not par boiled or something? What is the reason for that? Keeping them raw?

ALSO have any of you ever purchased the bones (real bones) from Tractor Supply? Like this one Grillerz Pork Femur - For Life Out Here

Sorry so many questions, I just need to do what is best for Joey :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] [MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] [MENTION=16041]rbourque314[/MENTION] [MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!! Thank you!!

Just some education, why RAW bones and not par boiled or something? What is the reason for that? Keeping them raw?

ALSO have any of you ever purchased the bones (real bones) from Tractor Supply? Like this one Grillerz Pork Femur - For Life Out Here

Sorry so many questions, I just need to do what is best for Joey :)

Raw because it is great for them and NEVER cooked because they can splinter and be an intestinal hazard (internal bleeding)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Raw because it is great for them and NEVER cooked because they can splinter and be an intestinal hazard (internal bleeding)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........GREAT information, thanks Christine!! I learn everyday :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I missed the party... Lol

We do the raw marrow bones... and here is a list of what I give my guys.

I DO buy dog treats, they like the Merrick grain-free treats, or sometimes the ones made by Fromm's.
Fruits - apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon and cantaloupe. The LOVE watermelon in the summertime...
Veggies - carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, and they LOVE frozen veggies. I buy the organic bags and put some on top of their kibble for dinner... green beans, peas, and carrots.

For special occasions we take them to DQ to get a small cup of vanilla or sometimes I will added a small amount on whipped cream to their fruit for a dessert.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Sorry I missed the party... Lol

We do the raw marrow bones... and here is a list of what I give my guys.

I DO buy dog treats, they like the Merrick grain-free treats, or sometimes the ones made by Fromm's.
Fruits - apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon and cantaloupe. The LOVE watermelon in the summertime...
Veggies - carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, and they LOVE frozen veggies. I buy the organic bags and put some on top of their kibble for dinner... green beans, peas, and carrots.

For special occasions we take them to DQ to get a small cup of vanilla or sometimes I will added a small amount on whipped cream to their fruit for a dessert.

I think your "kids" eat better than I do....do you have room for one more? Or 2 if I bring Joey :) HAHAHAHA

Thanks Tracey!!! Joey gets the Merrick treat too but she will begin to get some special stuff, slowly, every now and again. I think I will try the watermelon, one of my sisters has been BEGGING to give her some :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think your "kids" eat better than I do....do you have room for one more? Or 2 if I bring Joey :) HAHAHAHA

Thanks Tracey!!! Joey gets the Merrick treat too but she will begin to get some special stuff, slowly, every now and again. I think I will try the watermelon, one of my sisters has been BEGGING to give her some :)

My hubby would agree w/you and so do my skin kids... LMAO!!! You guys are MORE than welcome to come on down to TN... :w00t:

You can add the fruits/veggies on top of the kibble to mix it in... for a change. Sometimes I will just add whatever veggies we are eating for dinner to their dinner so I only have to prep the meal once.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
chicken feet!

Members online

No members online now.