BellaMilly

Mar 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Camilla
In need of some help, new to the group. My Bellaā€™s eye recently got red and droopy. Iā€™m wondering if this is something that needs immediate attention or if it can be helped with some OTC drops. If so, what kind of drops would be needed? I heard artificial tears and saline solution and Gen-tel drops (not sure which ones). We are also starting to notice our other girls eye is looking a little like this also but not as bad. Unsure if it is viral or not. Any help would be highly appreciated before I have an excessive vet bill. TIA

Attachments

• 13AE91C3-FF7E-472E-B6D4-2AD2D72E1361.jpeg
    13AE91C3-FF7E-472E-B6D4-2AD2D72E1361.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 130

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
From what I've gathered Bully's are very prone to eye issues, that sound like they can be pretty serious.

If it were my pupper, I would go to the vet.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
In need of some help, new to the group. My Bellaā€™s eye recently got red and droopy. Iā€™m wondering if this is something that needs immediate attention or if it can be helped with some OTC drops. If so, what kind of drops would be needed? I heard artificial tears and saline solution and Gen-tel drops (not sure which ones). We are also starting to notice our other girls eye is looking a little like this also but not as bad. Unsure if it is viral or not. Any help would be highly appreciated before I have an excessive vet bill. TIA

Looks like a cherry eye....but...does it come n go or just stays there? How old are your dogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TDwjckNscI

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

It doesn't look like cherry eye in this picture... might be allergies
Try Benedryl... adult regular type-- 1mg per pound up to 3x a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=18102]BellaMilly[/MENTION]....Christine is probably right because the inflammation goes around the eye. Cherry eye is more in the corners and bulges out a bit more. Again how old n if it comes n go?

OP
BellaMilly

BellaMilly

Mar 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Camilla
She will be 2 in June, and it just came earlier this week and has stayed with her. I got some saline solution and cleaned her eye out in case something was in it. And some artificial tears in case it was dry eye. Now our other bully is having mucus like stuff in her eyes ��

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She will be 2 in June, and it just came earlier this week and has stayed with her. I got some saline solution and cleaned her eye out in case something was in it. And some artificial tears in case it was dry eye. Now our other bully is having mucus like stuff in her eyes ��

If the mucus like stuff' is green or yellow.. get a vet appointment it could be a infection .

If discharge is clear, that is allergy causing teary eyes

OP
BellaMilly

BellaMilly

Mar 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Camilla
Sadly it is greenish �� that just started yesterday after she has been getting over a little allergy cold. I was thinking it could be an infection but didnā€™t wanna jump to conclusions.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadly it is greenish �� that just started yesterday after she has been getting over a little allergy cold. I was thinking it could be an infection but didnā€™t wanna jump to conclusions.

Damn! Keep cleaning till you get the vet appointment.. you caught it early so hopefully just some antibiotics drops will fix her up

OP
BellaMilly

BellaMilly

Mar 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Camilla
Yes hopefully. Thank you for the help..... hopefully also can get my Bella some help with her droopy eye also

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes hopefully. Thank you for the help..... hopefully also can get my Bella some help with her droopy eye also

Keep us posted on how they ate doing and what the vet says

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She will be 2 in June, and it just came earlier this week and has stayed with her. I got some saline solution and cleaned her eye out in case something was in it. And some artificial tears in case it was dry eye. Now our other bully is having mucus like stuff in her eyes ļæ½ļæ½

Ohhhh yes infection indeed. Vet check for sure.

Members online

No members online now.