My wonderful new bulldog

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Congratulations! Emmitt is precious! I had two eb's that i got at 8 wks. My boy was a wild biting monster and my girl was really mellow, she just wanted love. To help with the biting i just turned him onto his back and held him til he quit struggling. i did this each time he bit me, and he stopped within 2 weeks. He was potty trained 100% by 4 months and i had trained him to ring a bell by the door when he needed to potty. I showed him and he did excellent in the ring, really a brilliant angel of bulldog. My girl was a sweet baby, but turned out to be a trial of patience and sobriety. lol. i never successfully potty trained her, i couldn't train her to do anything besides sit, her saving grace was that she was the most loving dog and the best cuddle buddy.

My dog now i rescued so i don't know how he was as a baby, but he is mellow except for 1-2 hrs at night when he wants to party! The rescue told me he was a "wild" guy, but i think he was just sad/anxious cause he didn't have a place to call home, because now he is a happy mellow guy.

Bulls are pretty stubborn so just try to stay consistent. Have you considered clicker training? i found that to be really quick and effective.

Keep posting pictures! I love to see those babies. :)

OP
Emmitt E

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks guys. So for the most part everyone seemed to have pretty easy bullies.

I think my view is a little skewed b/c my experience with the frenchie was so, so, so bad. Like chewing through crates, fences, drywall, painting the walls with her poop bad. Little Emmitt seems like and angel sent from heaven. :)

I'll talk to my vet and do a little research on the hormones and neutering.

Members online

No members online now.