Help Needed! My puppy won’t go for walks!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you all for your advice! Slowly but surely he is getting better but I must say, he walks better for my husband than me!!! He knows I’m a soft touch where as daddy doesn’t stand for any messing. His big gorgeous eyes just melt my heart and I want to cuddle him ♥️♥️ He’s full of a cold at the moment though and needing antibiotics. Poor bailey ��

There was a forum member here that said...you only walk a bulldog as far as you can carry them.

We hope Bailey is feeling better soon....maybe he'll go for a longer walk with you then.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
There was a forum member here that said...you only walk a bulldog as far as you can carry them.

We hope Bailey is feeling better soon....maybe he'll go for a longer walk with you then.

I said once.....I'll call a cab!

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
Don't lose your patience. I got my baby at 4 months and it was HELL... Your pup is still young. But I went through the same thing!

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
View attachment 109308Hi there. I’m a mummy to my first EB Bailey. He’s 15 weeks old and has been able to go out for walks for 2 weeks however I am losing patience �� I know they are stubborn but this takes the biscuit! I put the lead on and he just stands completely still and I have to drag him. He is good off a lead in the park - he is slow but does follow me no problem. It’s just I need to know how to get him to walk on a pavement on a lead. Ive tried treats but even his faviourites are not enough to get him going- all he wants to do is head towards the house or Car ������ I’m sick of everyone laughing at me dragging my bully. HELP!!!

Hi, any update? I am in the same situation as you. We have a 15 week old that we've had for 3 weeks. He is doing the same things as your Bailey.

Members online

No members online now.