My heart is broken, I lost my baby

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh my !!! I am so so sorry for your loss, I could not get through reading without starting to cry as Joey is the same age. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you and your family are experiencing right now! My thoughts, prayers, and big comfort hugs coming your way. Let your heart guide you to one of Dexter's pups.......you have so much love to give!!!!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Thank you, I'm so glad I was obsessed taking pictures of Dexter. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I just stare at them all night and day.

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] thank you! I honestly really believed I had more time with him. But I loved him so much, he was a very spoiled boy! He was the reason I would get up at 5am to start our early walks and brush his hair. You all have been so helpful in understanding my deep pain.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Regardless of the timing or the reason, the passing of one makes room for another. You'll know when the time is right.
I'm very, very sorry for your loss

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] thank you. My husband says the same thing we will know when it's the right time.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain. I will be praying for you all, sending so many hugs from TX. And I also second that having a piece of Dexter with you will help heal your broken heart. He will never be replaced, but he'd want you to open your home to another baby and show them as much love as you gave him.

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Just waned to update,
I spoke with peaceful paws, they will be doing the cremation of my baby. I ordered a necklace with a charm that will have his paw print, I'm thankful they can do that for me. It will take 7-10 day for them to hand deliver me his ashes. I can't wait to just have him come home and rest.
I also talked with the breeder who has Dexter's litter, they understand my pain and have agreed to keep a puppy any of my choice and take care of him until I'm ready to take him in. The breeder is a good friend of mine I would often dog sit his bully's so we have a close bond. He says if for some reason I'm not ready or chose not to keep him he will love to keep him. And I can visit often or barrow him, but I hope with time my head will clear and the choice of bringing him home will be easy to make. For now I just want to cry and remember my baby thank you all so much IMG_3631.JPG

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Grieving is something we do because we lost someone really special and dear to us. My heart is with you and I hope in due time you'll continue the healing process by picking another one that is just waiting to love and be loved. Good Luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How incredibly devastating.... so sorry for your loss and sending love and prayers of support. Dexter is a handsome boy that will continue to be with you .. they never leave your heart and they are never replaced....

I lost my first two both very sudden... each had one very bad day and we came home empty. Both times, we would say.. 'I don't think I could love again, but within weeks we were lost without that love of a bully. open your heart to a new baby and enjoy a new love, not Dexter love, but a new love that will warm your heart in ad different way than Dexter did.

hugs to you and all your family.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How very beautiful you are!

This is a wonderful photo of you & Dexter.

It seems impossible right now but the terrible
grief & pain WILL ease in time. Memories will
bring smiles & gratefulness for the time you had
with Dexter & all the love between you.

Sending big hugs & prayers <3

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I understand you so well, I lost a young dog (Irish setter) many years ago and for 16 years I was so traumatised that I couldn't even think about getting a dog. I cried for a month every day and was depressed for several months. When my husband first brought up the idea of getting an English bulldog, I said NO WAY, we stay in China and with the veterinary services available here, I'm not gonna get a dog with such high medical needs. I don't want to get through this pain again. But then I started to look at EB on the Internet, when I bought myself MIni they gave me stuffed toy...I found this forum...and couldn't resist. And we got an EB, and he brought so much laugh and joy (and problems, of course) into our life... I never had such an amazing dog! Nothing is better than having a bulldog.
Despite your pain you must face two irrefutable facts:
1. Since you've had a bulldog, you never want to live without bulldog
2. One day when you feel like getting a bulldog, what can be better than having a bulldog from good parents and even, better, from your own boy? Nothing.
So, I don't see any other choice for you besides from taking a baby into your home. It's a great opportunity to have a baby born from your precious bully. And it will be a therapy for you and your children. You will be busy with puppy potty education (being busy always helps!) and your kids will just enjoy him.
Again, my heart is very sore for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
what a lovely picture of you two :( more tears from me... I do hope your doing some better.. It's still so raw and unbelievable. I couldn't wait to bring my girls home :( I truly helped me having them back in their home with me. Jumping around here as this brings me such sadness,, missing my girls, and knowing how you hurt.. so sorry

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] thank you for your kind words!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] thank you for sharing your story with me. You're so right I'm so traumatized by what happened. My friends who are not bully owners try to convince me getting another breed, one with less health issues, one I can do more actives with. That just broke my heart more because I love my bully, I don't mind having to do all the extra work. I actually loved it so much, my twins are almost 13 I decided not to have more children because that bully Dexter was my baby and still is in my heart. I agree his son will give me so much to do! I'm alone with out my bully
Thank you so much!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] thank you. Take a lot of pictures and record your girls a lot. I'm so thankful I was crazy obsessed taking pictures of Dexter I have him barking, snoring, even throwing a fit all on video.

Members online

No members online now.