OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
I think you mean a fungus(mushroom) or a hotspot. If the cream is going to work, it will take longer than day 2. Let us know in a couple more days,please. [MENTION=17853]LGFERRER89[/MENTION]:yes:

Thanks, I really hope it gets better, I'll let you know in a few days, and if it's a fungus.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Hmm, maybe if not a fungus (or maybe the dr thinks it is ringworm?) it could be staph from allergies and she may need an antibiotic. Or maybe just a hot spot. Are the spots spreading or getting worse? Does your dog scratch at all or seem uncomfortable? I hope it is gone soon!

Also, you said you changed shampoo. What are you washing with? Unless you use a good medicated shampoo, I wouldn't bathe so often. Could it be an allergic reaction from something perfumed in the shampoo? Our boy got horrible hives from a vet approved shampoo called Zymox once.

Last edited:

Dakota Bully

Sep 23, 2016
North Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
I am so sorry that your beautiful bully baby is going through this!! Hopefully she will be better very soon. Some bulldogs are allergic to chicken. I would try one of the Acana or Orijen that does not have poultry in it. Sorry you have little choice in premium foods there. Do not bathe that often. Brushing with a soft bristled brush actually helps to keep them clean, so keep doing that. I am glad to see you are doing what you can for your baby. Welcome!!:welcome4:

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Hmm, maybe if not a fungus (or maybe the dr thinks it is ringworm?) it could be staph from allergies and she may need an antibiotic. Or maybe just a hot spot. Are the spots spreading or getting worse? Does your dog scratch at all or seem uncomfortable? I hope it is gone soon!

Also, you said you changed shampoo. What are you washing with? Unless you use a good medicated shampoo, I wouldn't bathe so often. Could it be an allergic reaction from something perfumed in the shampoo? Our boy got horrible hives from a vet approved shampoo called Zymox once.

thanks for your answers, the spots are not spreading, as far as I can see, she is not itchy, she is calm as always, she just keeps losing a lot of hair, but maybe it's very soon she only has 2 days with the cream, I was using an oatmeal shampoo, I was bathing it very often, once a week, it's my first dog I'm a noob, to rule out I'll change your shampoo, what do you recommend?

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
I am so sorry that your beautiful bully baby is going through this!! Hopefully she will be better very soon. Some bulldogs are allergic to chicken. I would try one of the Acana or Orijen that does not have poultry in it. Sorry you have little choice in premium foods there. Do not bathe that often. Brushing with a soft bristled brush actually helps to keep them clean, so keep doing that. I am glad to see you are doing what you can for your baby. Welcome!!:welcome4:

thanks, is currently eating acana duck and pear, the vet told me that it was not his food, he has 3 months eating that food, maybe it is because the bathroom often, :( I hope to improve soon.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks for your answers, the spots are not spreading, as far as I can see, she is not itchy, she is calm as always, she just keeps losing a lot of hair, but maybe it's very soon she only has 2 days with the cream, I was using an oatmeal shampoo, I was bathing it very often, once a week, it's my first dog I'm a noob, to rule out I'll change your shampoo, what do you recommend?

When the hair comes out, is there skin or crust attached?
BTW our dog was allergic to oats!!! So I could never use oatmeal shampoos for him! :fie:
You are welcome, I wish I could help you more! I know this can all be so frustrating!

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
When the hair comes out, is there skin or crust attached?
BTW our dog was allergic to oats!!! So I could never use oatmeal shampoos for him! :fie:
You are welcome, I wish I could help you more! I know this can all be so frustrating!

No crust or skin, only a kind of dandruff or white powder, if I start changing his shampoo, today remains the same, of the mind is equal with appetite and playful, but his hair loss remains the same.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmm, being she is a puppy, did they do a skin scrape for possible mites?
I saw a link here that may be helpful? Sorry this has been such a puzzle for you!
https://www.fidosavvy.com/puppy-hair-loss.html
Sometimes the hair can take a long time to grow back. Are you able to take her back to the vet for a follow up? Or call them and tell them what you are seeing?

Dakota Bully

Sep 23, 2016
North Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
I use Johnson & Johnson for the face area. For the rest, I use: on Amazon 5 stars

Roll over image to zoom in

Top Performance
Top Performance Fresh Pet Shampoo
But I also dilute it with some water so that it is not very thick and I add a few drops of tea tree essential oil into the shampoo bottle. Benefits:
Tea tree oil is applied to the skin (used topically) for infections such as acne, fungal infections of the nail (onychomycosis), lice, scabies, athlete's foot (tinea pedis), and ringworm. It is also used topically as a local antiseptic for cuts and abrasions, for burns, insect bites and stings, boils, vaginal infections, recurrent herpes labialis, toothache, infections of the mouth and nose, sore throat, and for ear infections such as otitis media and otitis externa.

Some people add it to bath water to treat cough, bronchial congestion, and pulmonary inflammation

Be sure to rinse the shampoo out very well!! Please do not give baths too often as Bulldogs skin can't always take it very well. Good luck with everything!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Do do not bathe too much... it can dry out fur and skin. How often did vet state to bathe?
Hello, I am indicating that maximum once per month if it is very dirty, at this moment it is very dirty because of the cream I am making, it does not have dandruff, but it is still bouncing hair, can it be the heat? We are in summer in Chile.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello, I am indicating that maximum once per month if it is very dirty, at this moment it is very dirty because of the cream I am making, it does not have dandruff, but it is still bouncing hair, can it be the heat? We are in summer in Chile.

If you mean shedding... yes, they shed their coat twice a year—- late spring and fall

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
If you mean shedding... yes, they shed their coat twice a year—- late spring and fall

we are still in summer, it seems strange to me that I lose so much hair, I do not see that it has any discomfort, :(

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
hello again, I managed to take a picture of the dandruff, did someone see something similar?
83d70ebab703553b1b4ad86558b01b5a.jpg

4eccc1442cb930857550e70d385b9165.jpg

Members online