Moving to Georgia - need some advice please!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! like Chunky White I, Ellie and I have been checking Daily, SOOOO HAPPY you made it, best of luck in your new adventure, can't wait to see Tank!!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
IMG_0160.JPG

Pupsie in the Piedmont park.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0163.JPG

Mom bought me an antler! LOVE it!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
IMG_0162.JPG

I am a guard dog, I will protect house from evil huge chipmunks :D

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0161.JPG

Tired of guarding...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Just a thought. When I brought Chumly over from the UK, his chip did not read here. I registered him with every chip company I could think of but if he was lost and that company wasn't contacted on an off chance, it still wouldn't have really helped. What I should have done was have him chipped again. With luck, your chip will be recognised.

Loved the pictures and glad to see you are all settling in.

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just a thought. When I brought Chumly over from the UK, his chip did not read here. I registered him with every chip company I could think of but if he was lost and that company wasn't contacted on an off chance, it still wouldn't have really helped. What I should have done was have him chipped again. With luck, your chip will be recognised.

Loved the pictures and glad to see you are all settling in.

Oh, thank you so much for this advice, never had an opportunity to check if his chip is readable here yet, but will definitely check when we visit vet, this is important!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everybody from sunny (well, a tiny bit rainy today) Georgia! We are happy to announce that his fluffy highness Tank arrived safely and feels ok.
Well, it was a big ordeal for him. When we got to Atlanta cargo, he was still sitting in cage wrapped with ropes, as they cannot let them out. When I called him while waiting for personnel to give us cage, he couldn't believe it's me talking to him, and then he realised that it's me, he started to jump in his cage. It was very emotional moment when we were able to release him. He weed for 10 minutes probably when I let him out.
Now he is washed, walked out in a beautiful Piedmont park of Atlanta ( we will stay for couple of weeks in Atlanta while our house in Peachtree is furnished) and fed with nice beef. Life is good again! My precious pupsie reunited with his family and says hello to everyone at EBN!
Thank you very much for your support and advice guys. I appreciate it a lot!

Omg just catching up on the thread!! So glad everyone's doing great and safe!!!!! Ahhhhh our little Tank looks fantastic! He looks great on the photos. I cant imagine what went through your head during the whole flight.....Enjoy the Western side of the planet!!!!

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, thank you so much! My husband said he was afraid to talk to me for 3 days during Tank's travel as I looked like I'm going to snap at him:w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh, thank you so much! My husband said he was afraid to talk to me for 3 days during Tank's travel as I looked like I'm going to snap at him:w00t:

Smart man.... :giggle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Once again, I cannot tell you how worried I was about Tank making this trip! I have heard horror stories about dogs flying! I am so happy for you!
If mine were travelling like Tank did, my hubby would have stayed far away from me!!!:hissy2:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wow, thanks, sounds cool. We actually also gonna stay south from Atlanta, we rented a house in Peachtree City and my husband will work in LaGrange. I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, do you know a good bullie vet around? I checked out the list of trusted vets for Georgia on EBN, but it never hurts to know from fellow bullie mom firsthand.

My brother lives in Peachtree City, and my mother lives in Fayetteville. You will LOVE it there!!!

I'm SORRY I'm so behind on this post... I'm so glad everyone made it safe and sound!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Love the pictures and so great to hear you are all settled. Now, this might be a really silly question, but do you think there is any difference in how dogs 'talk' to each other in different parts of the world? In other words, does Tank speak the Georgia dog language or will he need to adapt his communication to make himself understood?

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Once again, I cannot tell you how worried I was about Tank making this trip! I have heard horror stories about dogs flying! I am so happy for you!
If mine were travelling like Tank did, my hubby would have stayed far away from me!!!:hissy2:

Thank you very much Lynn! That were one of the scariest days of my life - imagining poor boy closed in a cage, without toilet, he was probably thinking we abandoned him, and it was so scary for him to be inside the plane 2 times for 10 hours! And you have zero control over the situation - what if he will have to stay for long in the sun on the tarmac, or It will be not enough oxygen on the plane for him in case he will start panting because of fear. I was in such a panic mode, that I wasn't really sad to leave my friends in China, i wasn't nervous about my own flight, I just wanted it to finish asap and get my pupsie back.

Members online

No members online now.