Meet Coco Chanel

BulldogMA2

Dec 4, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
We pick her up on Saturday! So great to see everyone on here again!! Missed you all!!
BulldogMA2 (aka NewEnglandBully)

2D36F812-E2AD-49D6-89A6-E6F688FD4EDA.jpeg

OP
BulldogMA2

BulldogMA2

Dec 4, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I am learning to navigate this site on my cellā€¦a bit different from the last time I used to be on (on my laptop). Ty for the love and commentsā£ļø

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I am learning to navigate this site on my cellā€¦a bit different from the last time I used to be on (on my laptop). Ty for the love and commentsā£ļø
I hope Coco's pick up goes as smooth a silk.

OP
BulldogMA2

BulldogMA2

Dec 4, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Is pumpkin still a good way to help transition dog food? One Tablespoon per feeding?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Is pumpkin still a good way to help transition dog food? One Tablespoon per feeding?

Yes but probably 1 TBSP for the whole day split into meals. I would say 1 TSP per feeding is plenty for her size.

What food is she on?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
She came home trained on Royal Canin. We are keeping her on it until her Raw arrives, then doing a slow transition.

Thatā€™s great if your gonna take her off Royal Canin, cause itā€™s fillers.

Raw is the best which is great if your gonna switch her to itšŸ‘šŸ™‚

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We pick her up on Saturday! So great to see everyone on here again!! Missed you all!!
BulldogMA2 (aka NewEnglandBully)

View attachment 123749
She is stunning! Congratulationsā€¦ great to hear you are going to be feeding raw, they do so well on it

OP
BulldogMA2

BulldogMA2

Dec 4, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
She is stunning! Congratulationsā€¦ great to hear you are going to be feeding raw, they do so well on it
Thank you. It seems to be the best option. It arrived yesterdayā€¦new to Raw, so we havenā€™t started her yet. Her next vet appt. is in a week from the new year, so we will probably wait until then before the transition, to make sure all is well to transition. Her breederā€™s vet appt.went really well, which was on the day we got her. So far she has adjusted quite great. I do have to grind the kibble in my blender. We have been adding a bit of water too.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thank you. It seems to be the best option. It arrived yesterdayā€¦new to Raw, so we havenā€™t started her yet. Her next vet appt. is in a week from the new year, so we will probably wait until then before the transition, to make sure all is well to transition. Her breederā€™s vet appt.went really well, which was on the day we got her. So far she has adjusted quite great. I do have to grind the kibble in my blender. We have been adding a bit of water too.

Raw is the best which is great you are gonna put her on raw. Itā€™s the best for their health, FYI vets donā€™t usually like raw cause they promote their garbage kibble to make $$ that cause health issues meaning more vet bills $ to see the vet again. Healthy dogs donā€™t have to go to vet often, so definitely raw is the way to go especially to prevent health issues.

The only downside to raw is the freezer space IF thatā€™s a issue for some people, but honestly is the healthiest way to keep your dogs healthy. But I take out the raw food from the freezer what I need for 2 days, and thatā€™s what goes in the fridge, rest stays in the freezer.

I HIGHLY recommend rotating proteins while they are young to prevent food allergies(which really suck to deal with), and the more variety the better and less picky eater chances.
Even rotating thru 4 proteins per month or getting a variety box is good if you can.

Keep us updated!

Members online

No members online now.