Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So Mack Daddy is still having issues with Flank Alopecia, He has lost all fur in certain areas with no hair growth coming back. It has been like this since the summer time, I have been giving him melatonin at night, trying to walk him more so he can get more sunlight and I also tried Nu stock but nothing seems to work. Well Saturday I took him to the vet for a check up and check his hair issue. The whole check up part went well, he is a wild, crazy 75lbs of terror haha, well back to the fur, the vet did a blood test on him and his thyroid levels were lower then normal but not low enough for medicine. So the vet asked me to up the dosage of melatonin and for the balding try a generic version on Rogaine to stimulate the hair growth.

So long story short, is rogaine safe? How much do I use?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If there is a Sally Beauty supply near where you live, there is a version of that, which is called Nioxin.(same thing but cheaper) It is a shampoo,and it really works. I hadn't thought of using it on the dog,but I.m going to try
it,too!My Husband was losing his hair,and was using the Nioxin,and it was growing new hair!
Maude has a bald black patch on one side,where the hair never did grow back. The other 2 dog's hair grew back. I would just wash the bald spots with the Nioxin,myself.Hope it works for you!

Members online

No members online now.