Hurricane Irma Is Not To Be Taken Lightly

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It was down graded.. let's pray it continues to drop in strength and doesn't pick back up [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
It was down graded.. let's pray it continues to drop in strength and doesn't pick back up [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

I hope you're right; however, the warm water in the Strait of Florida and of the Gulf of Mexico is jet-A fuel for Irma.

I hope those that stayed are in shelters and we do not hear any reports that people have perished.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We've done some prepping :D we are south of Atlanta and most probably will get some wind and rain and power cuts. So we bought some water, candles and matches:D

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
We've done some prepping :D we are south of Atlanta and most probably will get some wind and rain and power cuts. So we bought some water, candles and matches:D

We are in Sarasota, ground zero for Irma. We've done all the prepping we can do. All we can do now is wait. Thank g_d for my son in law. He's out now helping a neighbour bolt down their (3) garage doors. It's like a ghost town here. Most houses are shutter. We have hurricane resistant windows. It a 2 story house, 4,000 sq ft. A lot can go wrong.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
We are in Sarasota, ground zero for Irma. We've done all the prepping we can do. All we can do now is wait. Thank g_d for my son in law. He's out now helping a neighbour bolt down their (3) garage doors. It's like a ghost town here. Most houses are shutter. We have hurricane resistant windows. It a 2 story house, 4,000 sq ft. A lot can go wrong.

Stay safe and try to sleep though it if possible. My families old miami home had storm shutter and the wind whistling through them used to knock me out and I have slept through a handful over the years and just hoped to wake up and not step in water.

Do you have a generator?

I will pray for you and all the other fellow floridians who stayed. I hope I can always consider myself a floridian since I was born there even though I am in Tennessee

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

How high of winds are you all expecting? The weather channel was saying 40mph winds expected here in East Tn tuesday but its moved west now and we will only see rain.

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
How high of winds are you all expecting? The weather channel was saying 40mph winds expected here in East Tn tuesday but its moved west now and we will only see rain.

"Manatee/Sarasota County: Winds at 75-100 MPH with higher gusts; Rainfall 8-14”; Isolated tornadoes possible; Storm Surge Warning in effect. Storm surge of over 9 feet is possible. Evacuate if asked to. Storm Surge is deadly."

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

. Can't you just go away for a while now? My heart and prayers are with you. I don't like This stuff at all :(

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Stay safe and try to sleep though it if possible. My families old miami home had storm shutter and the wind whistling through them used to knock me out and I have slept through a handful over the years and just hoped to wake up and not step in water.

Do you have a generator?

I will pray for you and all the other fellow floridians who stayed. I hope I can always consider myself a floridian since I was born there even though I am in Tennessee

Yes, we have a generator and a gas stove and lanterns and bottled water and 10,000 gallons of water in the pool for flushing the toilets.
Tonight we cooked up some frozen crab cakes and a pizza. I'd give anything for a giant bag of M&Ms. I finished the bag I had last night.
Daphne has been dead a week today. This truly has been the week from HELL.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Yes, we have a generator and a gas stove and lanterns and bottled water and 10,000 gallons of water in the pool for flushing the toilets.
Tonight we cooked up some frozen crab cakes and a pizza. I'd give anything for a giant bag of M&Ms. I finished the bag I had last night.

I am truly sorry for your loss of Daphne and hope for the best during hurricane Irma. Hopefully it will die down even more than it has already.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Sending lots of prayers to you all... stay safe and please continue to check in with us as you can

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

The only good good thing about this damned weather is that you are busy with preparation for the hurricane and it keeps you busy and doesn't leave you so much time grieving for little furry angel Daphne. My eyes still tearing when I see her picture ( I've saved my favourite one in the chair with turkey leg). Can only imagine how sore is your heart. Praying for you with all my heart! Take good care of yourself please!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

We're thinking of you and praying for your safety. I believe bulldog heaven is a good place and that Daphne is watching over you.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

You have been on my mind and in my prayers this week... I'm so very sorry for everything :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Your angel girl is watching over all of you. :angelgirl: Hang in there!!! Praying Irma will slow down a lot more.. :pray2::pray::pray2: