How do discipline or train your puppy not to pee indoors

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Hi hero, a quick suggestion try petco if you have it in your area. I notice that petsmart tends to get 3 to 5 dogs per session. In petco I think it's a max of 3. With Philly's class there is only 2 of them, less distraction.
He is doin great on his first class, I don't have any problems with him on walking, my problem is stopping him, he seems to enjoy it too much that he wants to walk all the time! Even if I know he is dead tired I need to pull him home. I live in s. Florida too so you know how hot it is in the morning. When we get in the house he drinks his water and go straight and sits at the door and look at his leashed! As if he was saying I'm good let's go again! Lol

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks for everyones input and suggestions. Buddy is getting a bit better. The trick seems to be getting his attention and motivating him to walk with me.. If I act like we are playing and say COME ON BUDDY and start to run.. he will run right beside me. It is as if it is a game.. He loves being outdoors all the sights and smells. I do have to constantly watch what he is putting in his mouth. One of my biggest fears. I take bark. pieces of multch ect from him on a regular basis. One of the things I notice is if I can keep his head up and looking forword instead of down on the ground as we walk he is less apt to pick things up and will walk with me. At times when no one is around ( other distractions) I will just drop the leash and walk away and he will soon be catching up to me. As a matter of fact I swear if I didn't use a leash he would walk better but that isn't always the situation so I have to use the leash.. I am waiting on something from Amazon or one of those companys called the Mendota ez trainer harness. It tightens around his stomach instead of just pulling him in a harness.. Anyways Thanks everyone again.. Hero

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks so much for the update on Buddy, [MENTION=5798]Hero4u2b[/MENTION]. Another fun game you can teach him --- that's as valuable as gold, I think --- is a reliable "come". When I say "Come come come" -- three times fast, they DO - almost regardless of the distraction. Yes - ALMOST. hahahahahahaha This has come in handy many times and when you start out with a puppy - it's a fun game that can save their life. Some great tips on this can be found here: http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_ComeCall.html

Bully907

Nov 8, 2012
Fort Bragg, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hey Hero,
I know this post was two months old but I wanted to see if you took him to dog/puppy classes. If you didnt I would take your dog to a actual certified dog trainer. I found one on this website. http://www.apdt.com/ The ones in Petco or Petsmart do sometimes do the trick but I have heard some good and bad things about those places. In my area it was actually cheaper for me to go to a certified trainer then it was to take our puppy to petsmart, just food for thought.

Also my dog is a good walker but her nose is always on the ground sniffing to find whatever new piece of dirt, rock, branch to put in her mouth.

Members online

No members online now.