helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sounds exactly like Louie! He has slept in the bed with us a few times and he is always moving around and flopping. Jax on the other hand will just cuddle up next to me and that's it. However, Louie can't come back to bed with us until Jax is fully recovered from his surgery so he has been either sleeping in his crate or my son will take him into his room. There have been a couple of times over the last week that I fell asleep on the couch with Louie and he's always pushing me. The snoring and grunting and noises are something I have never heard before!

Duke would be a good candidate for ritalin. Last week I cut his nail, he decided to run n play with Nyala while i was about to clip.....and yes I cut a good piece of nerve. Today I went out to buy a new dremil. Left the dremil on the ground outside so they can investigate it as I felt like doing the nails outside. Did Nyala first and Nyala's a diva she loves anything that's pampering. Duke looks at her and inspects. His turn. Pfffft of course he's going to give me the "I dont want that". I put his harness on, wrapped his leash around the swing so he cant move one inch. He realized while I did his nails wasnt so bad but he still didnt like it. His walking on the wooden floors is like driving me bananas. Click Click Click Click non stop as he doesnt sit still. I will redo it in a few days till the nerve shortens as I go. Denis the Menace in a dog suit.

Btw how is Jax?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are very lucky... all ours have slept with us and when they hit the bed they are OUT for the night -- usually in one spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Duke would be a good candidate for ritalin. Last week I cut his nail, he decided to run n play with Nyala while i was about to clip.....and yes I cut a good piece of nerve. Today I went out to buy a new dremil. Left the dremil on the ground outside so they can investigate it as I felt like doing the nails outside. Did Nyala first and Nyala's a diva she loves anything that's pampering. Duke looks at her and inspects. His turn. Pfffft of course he's going to give me the "I dont want that". I put his harness on, wrapped his leash around the swing so he cant move one inch. He realized while I did his nails wasnt so bad but he still didnt like it. His walking on the wooden floors is like driving me bananas. Click Click Click Click non stop as he doesnt sit still. I will redo it in a few days till the nerve shortens as I go. Denis the Menace in a dog suit.

Btw how is Jax?

Oh, Duke...what would we do without you!!

Jax is doing much better which is the problem. He feels great but he still has 2 1/2 more weeks of crate rest and he does NOT want to be in the crate. He will cry and cry and cry and whine and whine and whine and it breaks my heart. He wants to come out and play and run around so bad. He doesn't understand that he just had surgery and needs to take it easy. I told [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] that I was sending him to her house for the rest of his jail sentence :lmao:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Jax is doing much better which is the problem. He feels great but he still has 2 1/2 more weeks of crate rest and he does NOT want to be in the crate. He will cry and cry and cry and whine and whine and whine and it breaks my heart. He wants to come out and play and run around so bad. He doesn't understand that he just had surgery and needs to take it easy. I told [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] that I was sending him to her house for the rest of his jail sentence :lmao:

I'm waiting!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Better with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]... I would take him in a flash but Duke might give him bad habits lollll

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Better with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]... I would take him in a flash but Duke might give him bad habits lollll

Jax and Duke I wouldn't worry about. Now Louie and Duke together...that would be trouble with a capital T!! Two knuckleheads getting into mischief together.

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
How did Duke do overnight in his kennel? We put Smash in his last night, so we could sleep in our bed again lol. We'd been staying on the couch with him in living room. He did well, didn't cry all night. Your post inspired me! [emoji4]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
How did Duke do overnight in his kennel? We put Smash in his last night, so we could sleep in our bed again lol. We'd been staying on the couch with him in living room. He did well, didn't cry all night. Your post inspired me! [emoji4]

good job :) and Duke???

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have never owned a dog who slept in the bed with me. I have napped on the couch or recliner with a few of them but never in the bed. Chunky only enters my bedroom when he is passing through on his way to the tub to get washed. He sleeps on the couch now but for the first year and half slept in the mudroom in his crate with the crate door open.

Good luck

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I have never owned a dog who slept in the bed with me. I have napped on the couch or recliner with a few of them but never in the bed. Chunky only enters my bedroom when he is passing through on his way to the tub to get washed. He sleeps on the couch now but for the first year and half slept in the mudroom in his crate with the crate door open.

Good luck

I have never own any pet that slept in my room. I never allowed it. Had one cat, went on my bed and it went flying out the room (figure of speech). Just I needed to sleep and Duke absolutely didnt want to learn potty training. Still being stubborn. He's just one of them. All my dogs were trained within a month. Him....pfffft...he knows too...just does not care what you're going to say or do. Yesterday I put a clean fresh blanket on their bed. He goes uo to investigate. Looks at me and pees on it while STILL looking at me!!!!!! Man I kicked his *** out the door. Today, I open the back door and he runs to the back to pee n poop all day long. No matter what he's not going to win. He better throw in the towel soon. Or else :slapping:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This is my 2nd time I get double, triple posts. Ive noticed it happened to other members too. I like to make a point but this is ridiculous! Hahahaha

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have never own any pet that slept in my room. I never allowed it. Had one cat, went on my bed and it went flying out the room (figure of speech). Just I needed to sleep and Duke absolutely didnt want to learn potty training. Still being stubborn. He's just one of them. All my dogs were trained within a month. Him....pfffft...he knows too...just does not care what you're going to say or do. Yesterday I put a clean fresh blanket on their bed. He goes uo to investigate. Looks at me and pees on it while STILL looking at me!!!!!! Man I kicked his *** out the door. Today, I open the back door and he runs to the back to pee n poop all day long. No matter what he's not going to win. He better throw in the towel soon. Or else :slapping:
Chunky was frustrating at times also. He would pee in the house just to test me at times and he had to learn multiple times that I wouldn't put up with that. I was lucky to be able to take off about a year of work when I first picked him up so i was able to out the time in to take him out throughout the day. He has done great for the past 1.5 years other than when he had the cystine stones. He learned to go outside within a few weeks but still went in his room "mud room" which is tiled if I left him alone in there and was awake moving around or left too long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
The look at you and pee, LOLLLLL!!!! I thought I was alone, Canelo did that to me when he was learning. I would yell at Husband that he's looking at me and peeing again!!!!!!! Hang in there! I still think once you get past his "adolescence" he will be your best boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
The look at you and pee, LOLLLLL!!!! I thought I was alone, Canelo did that to me when he was learning. I would yell at Husband that he's looking at me and peeing again!!!!!!! Hang in there! I still think once you get past his "adolescence" he will be your best boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the hope lol! Fran goes back and forth with keeping a clean crate and only going outside to times where I take her out, she will lay down and sun bathe until I either pick her up or lure her in with a treat and then pee on the rug when no ones looking!! It can be so frustrating and I get scared that it's my fault and I'm teaching her bad habits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the hope lol! Fran goes back and forth with keeping a clean crate and only going outside to times where I take her out, she will lay down and sun bathe until I either pick her up or lure her in with a treat and then pee on the rug when no ones looking!! It can be so frustrating and I get scared that it's my fault and I'm teaching her bad habits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Make sure she doesn't think she gets a treat if she pees I the house. :w00t:

Nyala's older so if I say...Nyala NOW! She comes immediately. But Duke, hey its Duke lol.... I call him, he's at the other end of the yard, looks at me and doesn't move an inch. Just stands there like a statue. oSo of course I dont repeat. I go get him, as soon as im near him, little sh*t takes off towards the door or.....sometimes I walk towards him, grab his collar and walk him towards the house. 6 months cant expect miracles just yet.

Members online

No members online now.