OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] you cute! That was funny....thanks for the laugh. :D
[MENTION=18623]Nelson318[/MENTION] as Chip said in his post, itā€™s what works for your dog. Basically what Iā€™m trying to say is start with a kibble that works. One protein per bag is much easier down the road to eliminate allergies if any. Veggies I give on regular basis cause I eat tons of veggies myself and while Iā€™m cutting my pepper or zucchiniā€™s etc I toss a few to my dogs. Thatā€™s a way for them to get fiber. Organs, I either use beef...liver or heart. Cut them in little pieces n freeze them as snack or boil all n use a bit as a topper on the kibble. And yes Iā€™m very holistic n natural way before any meds, supplements or out of a can person. But thatā€™s me. Iā€™ll suggest to people certain things but boils down itā€™s up to the individual to do what they want with their dogs. I never boosted any of my pets will all sorts of vitamins. Iā€™ll go the organic produce/food way. There are some supplements I will give for sure ā€œbutā€ never on regular basis. Too much supplements are a waste of money. You need to be on the ball when it comes to the billion dollar market it is today. Like humans, if you eat right you donā€™t need to fill yourself of all sorts of vitamins. This supplement you saw n want to give to your dog, like mentioned, waste of money plus ingredients I wouldnā€™t give my dogs nor myself. So just get to know your new puppy n enjoy...

Thank you man I will deathly take that into consideration you have a great weekend also I posted a few pictures on is my dog a bulldog thread if you donā€™t mind when you get a chance check it out let me know what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thank you I appreciate the help does foods sure are expensive hope there Worth it

I understand about the cost but cheaper food is a false economy. Bear in mind, you do not have to feed as much of the more expensive dog food as you do the cheaper foods. There are no fillers in the good stuff, so higher in calories. The cheaper ones are full of fillers (crap) so you have to feed more to satisfy your dog. I have two dogs, Monty, 65-67 lbs and a dachshund, 25 lbs. A bag of Zignature lasts me six weeks. Monty gets 3/4 cup twice a day and the doxie gets 1/3 cup twice a day, both with frozen green beans as a topper to make them think they are getting more! If I give them more dog food, they pile on the lbs!

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Ok cool I didnā€™t think of that also I put a post on the thread is my dog a English bulldog check it out let me know what you think

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
If going with kibble a few that are at the top and some members here get good results are

Fromm
Zingnature
Acana
Orijen
Earth born Holistic

Hope all is well quick question is it ok to add yogurt to the dry food Iā€™ve been doing some research and it says that itā€™s good for puppyā€™s to help with muscle and growth

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope all is well quick question is it ok to add yogurt to the dry food Iā€™ve been doing some research and it says that itā€™s good for puppyā€™s to help with muscle and growth

Yes... plain is best. Tablespoon is good

OP
Nelson318

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Yes... plain is best. Tablespoon is good