KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Yes. She had swam out 3 times before I took the video. She kept going on the stairs wanting back in.
Seems to love water. She will go into her kiddie pool without any coaxing. She puts her ball in it then take it out walk around with it and then put it back in. She's a silly girl!
View attachment 105042

Daphne doesn't really have a swimmers body...she's built more like a Sumo Wrestler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Lol......
Bella is taller and lanky. She jumped up on the couch this weekend. I didn't think she would ever be able to. So she is pretty athletic I guess. Can keep up with the other dogs when running. Which is what I wanted since we'd like to go on hikes with her. Hopefully she can keep up we will have to see.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Lol......
Bella is taller and lanky. She jumped up on the couch this weekend. I didn't think she would ever be able to. So she is pretty athletic I guess. Can keep up with the other dogs when running. Which is what I wanted since we'd like to go on hikes with her. Hopefully she can keep up we will have to see.

Daphne is very strong. She learned to jump up on the furniture last month. He back legs and hips must be very strong as she weighs 33 lbs. now.
She's also very smart and she's fast for a fat girl. She runs up to the lanai screen when she spots a lizard. She throws herself as high as she can leap up the screen and knocks the lizard to the ground to catch it. We now have 2 lizards loose in the house because she runs in the house with them. It's gross because usually their back half is hanging out of Daphne's mouth and their broken tail and whatever legs they have left are moving around. When she opens her mouth, the lizards jump out and run out of her mouth and under the furniture. The first time it happened I started screaming for my husband. Now I'm used to it. If they die under the sofa I just vacuum them up weekly.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol.....
How old is she? Bella is 19 week away tomorrow and she weighs about 24 lbs.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Lol.....
How old is she? Bella is 19 week away tomorrow and she weighs about 24 lbs.

Daphne turned 7 months on March 22nd. Below is her weight chart
9c3c2fdf66e8e0ab51acd6d17b1a7eba.jpg

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so they are close in weight. Bella was born 11/22.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Aaah, Daphne is Bear Grills of bulldogs! She swims, jumps and eats raw lizards! She is a true survivalist and will manage if Mom is late one day from the city trip! Well done Daphne! No one can say that bulldogs are helpless sofa weaklings:no:!

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Aaah, Daphne is Bear Grills of bulldogs! She swims, jumps and eats raw lizards! She is a true survivalist and will manage if Mom is late one day from the city trip! Well done Daphne! No one can say that bulldogs are helpless sofa weaklings:no:!

Well...a new day dawns. Last night during her before bed pee, Daphne got a smallish toad. I could not unclench her jaws to retrieve it and she refused the DROP IT! command. Slurp! Down it went.
This morning she was hacking up slime and foam. She threw up what was left of last night's dinner, mostly digested. She has eaten toads twice now and is very stubborn about it. Same reaction both times.

I know this was not a Buffo Toad because I know what they look like. When we lived on the east coast of Florida We almost lost our Terrier twice to Buffos. She also refused to drop them and both times went into convulsions and had to be rushed to the vet. He said Taffy was lucky to make it through both times as she only weighs 15 lbs. He also said Welsh Terriers and Jack Russell are constitutionally Very strong. The only way to eradicate the Buffos is to chop them with a shovel. Or, if you wish to be more humane towards them, you can catch them and put them in a plastic container in the freezer. This is what the state of Florida conservation people told me. Hardly seems more humane and I am more the shovel kind of girl. It seems quick and painless to me.

When we moved to the west coast of Florida seven years ago, the first thing I asked the new vet about was Buffo toads. He said they weren't here yet, but he'd bet that within 5 years they'd be here. I am very vigilant about them. Fortunately I hope that Daphne has enough weight to her that she would just get ill. This is how our neighbor's retrievers reacted. Every day living amongst the natural beauty (not Disney beauty or golf course beauty) of Florida is a challenge. I wish more people explored the real Florida.

BUFO TOAD|Giant Killer toads invade So. FL threaten your pet

Members online