OP
Greta

Greta

Aug 12, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harry, Mina, Matilda, Hank, Turnip, Bunny, Gracie
I think it's great that it turned out the pup went to a good home… BUT!… my problem is this - how many IDIOTS out there who watch this show will think this is a GREAT idea and will not be so careful about who and what they trade? There are already enough problems with people selling/trading babies on CraigsList, etc and this just gives them one more GREAT idea to make money without any responsibility or scruples. THAT is my problem - promoting the trading of animals for goods. Some might say it's no different than trading an animal for cash. I beg to differ. It's a heck of a lot easier to hand over something you don't want or need than it is to hand over cash. When you gotta hand over cash, you tend to think a little bit more of what you're getting for it than if you just got it for something you honestly don't care about, know what I mean?

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I think it's great that it turned out the pup went to a good home… BUT!… my problem is this - how many IDIOTS out there who watch this show will think this is a GREAT idea and will not be so careful about who and what they trade? There are already enough problems with people selling/trading babies on CraigsList, etc and this just gives them one more GREAT idea to make money without any responsibility or scruples. THAT is my problem - promoting the trading of animals for goods. Some might say it's no different than trading an animal for cash. I beg to differ. It's a heck of a lot easier to hand over something you don't want or need than it is to hand over cash. When you gotta hand over cash, you tend to think a little bit more of what you're getting for it than if you just got it for something you honestly don't care about, know what I mean?
That exactly what I was wondering when I watched it too

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I can't believe I missed this! This makes me SO angry!!!! I am glad that the pups went to a good home but agree that is not the point here. No living thing should be "bartered"! Shame on A&E for airing this!!

Members online