General Question Broths for Dogs

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dr. Becker recommends fish oil in airless pumps or in capsules that can be cut open or squeezed out. https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/06/11/omega-3-fatty-acids-benefits.aspx

Fish oil is packaged into softgels which prevent oxidation of the oil inside the capsule. The product is usually packaged in an inert gas atmosphere to prevent oxidation during packaging. I feel confident that a fish oil that has been tested for purity is good enough for my dog. Since the fish oil I buy doesn't have Vitamin E I supplement with that once a week as well.

I always said...what ever works for someone, just do it...
I personally stopped giving capsules n fish oil to my dogs. If I would need to, it would be only cod liver oil, certified organic in a bottle. I donā€™t give them any for time being as they donā€™t need it.

I believe if a dog just like humans which I say often eats well, then the body will work itself out. Over supplementing for the ā€œwhat ifā€ or for ā€œdown the roadā€ can back fire. Example Nyala n Duke gets ever lunch time a fresh frozen herring. Sometimes I rotate and give their green smelly tripe. And always their marrow bone. For now it works and Iā€™m sticking to it. So thatā€™s my 2 cents on Fish oil :).

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Funny, I had dogs all my life but never any bully form.... Then Nyala came along. Learned a lot like you...never had EB. Then Duke came along :faint: itā€™s with him I had to learn ASAP. EB are different in a way. But you know what, from what Iā€™ve learned n study on them, absolutely no difference with any other breed. The might have a tad more of allergies so just that makes you toy around with what to feed them n what works and itā€™s a flat nose dog with breathing problems. The rest for health issues, youā€™ll find the exact same issues in other dogs. I say we all go with the flow n learn as we go.

Btw, did you every get your diffuser? You using it? :)

I never owned a dog before . I had cats LOL Dogs are all well -round new to me. If I seem out of place you know why.

Yes, I have my diffuser itā€™s been super hot to use it. Using the AC and diffuser doesnā€™t sound like a good idea. I will go back diffusing when it gets cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I know the feeling!! i was a veg for 35 years.. And reason was because i loved the critters. i still cant hang on some of the raw feeders pages as they feed whole duck heads etc and other such things and i just cant do it :(

Exactly! I was on a raw feeder page on Facebook and I had to leave...too many pictures of whole body parts...totally creeped me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I always said...what ever works for someone, just do it...
I personally stopped giving capsules n fish oil to my dogs. If I would need to, it would be only cod liver oil, certified organic in a bottle. I donā€™t give them any for time being as they donā€™t need it.

I believe if a dog just like humans which I say often eats well, then the body will work itself out. Over supplementing for the ā€œwhat ifā€ or for ā€œdown the roadā€ can back fire. Example Nyala n Duke gets ever lunch time a fresh frozen herring. Sometimes I rotate and give their green smelly tripe. And always their marrow bone. For now it works and Iā€™m sticking to it. So thatā€™s my 2 cents on Fish oil :).

Sounds like you are giving them a great diet !! I think you have better fish selection out west than we have here. Some of the frozen raw food I buy already has tripe mixed in ( Big Country Raw Country Blend - Turkey (meat & bone), Beef Tripe, Beef Organ Meats (liver, kidney, spleen) )

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sounds like you are giving them a great diet !! I think you have better fish selection out west than we have here. Some of the frozen raw food I buy already has tripe mixed in ( Big Country Raw Country Blend - Turkey (meat & bone), Beef Tripe, Beef Organ Meats (liver, kidney, spleen) )

Trust me was born n raised in Montreal for decades n moved here 8yrs ago (going back home in 4)...as god is my witness, the West side isnā€™t whatsoever any better than the east side. All these BC fish farms are mostly from Netherlands and are now getting inspected non stop by the government cause of leaky sewage pipes that supposedly cleans their fish farm n polluting our waters. Most farms are now stopped till they fix their underwater pipes as itā€™s killing our wild fish thatā€™s swimming by. Our wild salmon are swimming back less n less cause of that. When I was living in Vancouver, I would drive to Richmond because along the coast, small boats goes out early comes back with fresh fish n shrimps. A lot of Japanese Maw n Paw has these boats. So cool. Ok so now you learned something loll..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Trust me was born n raised in Montreal for decades n moved here 8yrs ago (going back home in 4)...as god is my witness, the West side isnā€™t whatsoever any better than the east side. All these BC fish farms are mostly from Netherlands and are now getting inspected non stop by the government cause of leaky sewage pipes that supposedly cleans their fish farm n polluting our waters. Most farms are now stopped till they fix their underwater pipes as itā€™s killing our wild fish thatā€™s swimming by. Our wild salmon are swimming back less n less cause of that. When I was living in Vancouver, I would drive to Richmond because along the coast, small boats goes out early comes back with fresh fish n shrimps. A lot of Japanese Maw n Paw has these boats. So cool. Ok so now you learned something loll..

I once worked on a farm that had chickens and fish ponds and we used to throw the dead chickens into the edge of the fish pond for food for the fish.

Members online

No members online now.