8yr old Male English Bulldog not himself

butkusthebulldog

Oct 7, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Butkus
Good afternoon all, we have an appointment set for our dear Butkus tomorrow first thing but wanted to check this forum for any advice in the meantime. Butkus is 8yrs old and the past 3 days weā€™ve noticed a change in him. He has gone #2 in the kitchen which is not like him at all. That was 2 days ago, yesterday he didnā€™t eat at all drank couple bowls of water and went pee in the kitchen. Heā€™s so lethargic only moves from one side of the room to the other. Heā€™s thrown up a few times yesterday but not today. Nothing has changed in his diet thereā€™s nothing he couldā€™ve gotten into I would know. Just weird that he just this way all of a sudden. Usually he gets excited when my husband comes home and nothing he just lays there. Anyone gone through something similar?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Good afternoon all, we have an appointment set for our dear Butkus tomorrow first thing but wanted to check this forum for any advice in the meantime. Butkus is 8yrs old and the past 3 days weā€™ve noticed a change in him. He has gone #2 in the kitchen which is not like him at all. That was 2 days ago, yesterday he didnā€™t eat at all drank couple bowls of water and went pee in the kitchen. Heā€™s so lethargic only moves from one side of the room to the other. Heā€™s thrown up a few times yesterday but not today. Nothing has changed in his diet thereā€™s nothing he couldā€™ve gotten into I would know. Just weird that he just this way all of a sudden. Usually he gets excited when my husband comes home and nothing he just lays there. Anyone gone through something similar?

What food do you feed him??

Definitely a vet visit is needed.

OP
B

butkusthebulldog

Oct 7, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Butkus
Heā€™s always been on taste of the wild. Weā€™re going to take him to the hospital heā€™s not getting up to pee heā€™s just peeing on himself.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Heā€™s always been on taste of the wild. Weā€™re going to take him to the hospital heā€™s not getting up to pee heā€™s just peeing on himself.

Sometimes a kibble pet food can be contaminated with mycotoxins causing a sick dog. Thatā€™s common in some kibbles, I know taste of the wild has been recalled for a few things, thatā€™s why I was curious.

Hope the vets figure out whatā€™s wrong with him and hope he improves.

Keep us updated

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy
Sorry Butkus isn't feeling well. Maybe there are contaminants in the food that are making him sick. He could have an obstruction as well. Definitely a vet visit is needed. I hope you find the answers you need so Butkus can get better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is your baby doing?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It could be so many things so a vet visit is definitely best. Keep us posted!

Members online

No members online now.