Help Needed! 3,5 months food

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he has 2 weeks eating his new food, 40 grams 3 times a day, he has 4 months, Its weight is 10 kg.

That seems to be inline.... here is a good guideline for a high quality kibble
8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

I look at this chart and shake my head laughing. I definitely have the exception! Louie is 10 months old and is eating 4 cups a day as he is very active and was looking too thin. He's looking good now and I will probably start dropping the amount down a bit after he gets neutered next month to see if his weight will hold.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I look at this chart and shake my head laughing. I definitely have the exception! Louie is 10 months old and is eating 4 cups a day as he is very active and was looking too thin. He's looking good now and I will probably start dropping the amount down a bit after he gets neutered next month to see if his weight will hold.

You have a Lab in Bulldog clothing

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

The evil twin is the same. Has his hourglass shape n eats about a total of 3 - 4 cups. Nyala eats about a total just over 2 -3 cups n she's 2yrs old. Active dogs will eat more. Not lowering anything for now as they run nonstop outside in the snow. They burn more in winter.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
The evil twin is the same. Has his hourglass shape n eats about a total of 3 - 4 cups. Nyala eats about a total just over 2 -3 cups n she's 2yrs old. Active dogs will eat more. Not lowering anything for now as they run nonstop outside in the snow. They burn more in winter.

Monsters!! I weighed Jax last weekend and he actually has lost 2 pounds...I'm thinking from all the play with Louie, he is burning more now.

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose

I'm not so bad with your portions :D, I will follow the advice of the pineapple, I hope I do not continue eating your poop after that :(, I also got the labyrinth dish Cup, It's fun to watch her eat hahaha.

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Hello, I was giving pineapple in your food to my little rose for 1 week, and still eating his poop :(, I do not know what it could be, he is always hungry :/, any other idea?, thnk.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello, I was giving pineapple in your food to my little rose for 1 week, and still eating his poop :(, I do not know what it could be, he is always hungry :/, any other idea?, thnk.

Some dogs will do this just because the can... you have to get to the pile before her and hopefully she will stop eating it.

How much pineapple did you add to her food?

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Some dogs will do this just because the can... you have to get to the pile before her and hopefully she will stop eating it.

How much pineapple did you add to her food?

Just add a little, 4 or 5 pieces, the problem is that sometimes I'm not at home to prevent him from eating his poop :/, I feel like I can get sick.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just add a little, 4 or 5 pieces, the problem is that sometimes I'm not at home to prevent him from eating his poop :/, I feel like I can get sick.

Going to be a challenege till you get him potty trained. Any way there would be a friend or neighbor you can have take him out mid-day while you are at work?

OP
LGFERRER89

LGFERRER89

Dec 10, 2017
Country
Chile
Bulldog(s) Names
Rose
Going to be a challenege till you get him potty trained. Any way there would be a friend or neighbor you can have take him out mid-day while you are at work?

The strange thing is that when he goes down to his walk he does not try to eat his poop, it's only when I do not see it, he normally does his needs in his walk not in home.

Members online

No members online now.