Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you keep your bullies cool in the summer heat?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do you keep your bullies cool in the summer heat?

Quote Originally Posted by laurentourville View Post
    just heard that the woman/breeder than I got Horse from left 2 of her bullies and a lab mix outside while she ran to the store (they live in NC), and when she got back they had somehow opened the gate to the pool and the bullies had drowned in the pool, despite her CPR efforts, they didnt make it. A good lesson to all, never, ever leave your bullldogs unattended around water and the hot weather, even if its just for a few minutes. I feel so bad for her and those poor dogs, but she's also been raising english bulldogs forever and always had a pool, so I question why she would ever leave them alone outside in the heat with a pool that the dogs can get access to...
    Oh my goodness how awful! I cant understand why you would leave them outside while you left anyhow but guess that doesnt matter now. That guilt will weigh on her forever, just sad!

Gertie's mom, that is funny~quite the drive for you I would say huh? I always wonder when I go how many of the people there I have talked to on bulldog forums. hehe

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How do you keep your bullies cool in the summer heat?

Quote Originally Posted by laurentourville View Post
    just heard that the woman/breeder than I got Horse from left 2 of her bullies and a lab mix outside while she ran to the store (they live in NC), and when she got back they had somehow opened the gate to the pool and the bullies had drowned in the pool, despite her CPR efforts, they didnt make it. A good lesson to all, never, ever leave your bullldogs unattended around water and the hot weather, even if its just for a few minutes. I feel so bad for her and those poor dogs, but she's also been raising english bulldogs forever and always had a pool, so I question why she would ever leave them alone outside in the heat with a pool that the dogs can get access to...

WOW how sad!!! well i live in TEXAS and boy is it HOTT outside. I usually just let spike out to go
    pee and poop and we come right back in although he wants to lay under a tree and take a nap...
    he loves being outside but i know with his white coat he can't get sun burned really easily but let me convince
    him of that...lol. the other day we went to dallas and he rode in the back with me and the AC was on full blast
    and he wouldn't stop panting...i was starting to get scared. he was drinking plenty of water and would give
    him ice as well but he wouldn't stop panting until we got home. i turned the fan on and he layed in front of
    it for awhile then he fell asleep... i can't wait for it to get cooler here so he can go out and play with my
    brothers.
    <3 Crystal Alonso
    Proud Mom of Spike & Sparkles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads