Thread: Blood blister on finger

Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)

Default Blood blister on finger

Hey all...my dog watson has had a blood blister on the side of his finger for a month now...we atteibuted it to allergies and started the cytopoint shots...itching has gone down 80-90% and put him on royal canin hp formula and only give him sweet potato and apples for treats....the blister wont go away thougH....very soft..filled with blood it looks like...heres a pic if anyone knows anything about it...doesnt bother him at all looks worse than it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -7c9d9681-2cfe-4c93-9578-5507decd2763-jpeg  

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blood blister on finger

I would try some betadine soaks daily followed by an antibiotic cream like Nu-Stock or Neosporin, or try Bag Balm.

Also, try switching to a frozen raw dog food, duck protein to start

4. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the reply...i do a paw soaking with cool water and epsom salt 1-2x a week prior to getting the cytopoint shot...most everything cleared up besides this goddamn 1 blister...were in the process of trying to figure out what in his diet hes allergic to (if anything)

6. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Epc2188 View Post
    Thanks for the reply...i do a paw soaking with cool water and epsom salt 1-2x a week prior to getting the cytopoint shot...most everything cleared up besides this goddamn 1 blister...were in the process of trying to figure out what in his diet hes allergic to (if anything)
    It wonít clear up cause itís only a indigital cyst. @Dollys Owner got you covered. I use Bag Balm. You can also pierce the cyst, soak paws in epsom salt then put bag balm or NuStock. BTW definitely get your dog off Royal Canin as you will end up going to your vet more often. Indigital cyst comes on goes on all web feet dogs. Itís not an allergy either. You might be giving shots for no reason. Unless your dog ďreallyĒ have allergies ok but if it was for that cyst, I personally would stop the shots. It brings down an immune system. Your dog needs a good grain free diet. Best one is raw diet. Youíll eliminate allergies. Or get a quality kibble like Acana single protein bags. If your vet pushes and insist for RC n shots for indigital cyst, I would have doubts on my vet. Your vet should definitely know itís IC which again are harmless

https://www.mypetneedsthat.com/acana-dog-food-review/

Bag bag with the UDDERS on the can... not the ones for dogs.
    -f107fd18-1520-46f3-8e0f-26e3abff6059-jpeg

8. Likes BullyBoston, Dollys Owner liked this post
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)

Thabks...hes not on the cytopoint cus if that blister prior to visit he was licking paws alot ears was red and was itching often...since the shot his itching has gone down alot but that damn blister is still there...also..you dont recomend the royal canin hp?

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Thabks...hes not on the cytopoint cus if that blister prior to visit he was licking paws alot ears was red and was itching often...since the shot his itching has gone down alot but that damn blister is still there...also..you dont recomend the royal canin hp?
    I answer in your other post... read the links.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

My Walter has horrific allergies... we had him tested years ago, and we do the cytopoint shots on a regular basis. Some dogs have lower immune systems because of allergies... IMO they are a Godsend. We advise people to check on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor to look for dog food that fits their budgets, and what is available in their area. I have had my dogs on Fromm's, Earthborn Holistic, Acana, Orijen and Merrick... all great dog foods (grain-free) and now I give them Primal raw patties, with Earthborn Holistic kibble in the morning.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

13. Likes Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Agreed... change the food. My first bulldog got these a lot, then we changed his food and had allergy testing done... he was allergic to rice, chicken and dairy.. Also, try to wipe his paws and keep them dry after coming in from outside wetness can add to the problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

15. Likes Cbrugs liked this post

Remove Ads