Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: Bald spots

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Bald spots

    Good morning. Our English bulldog has been having really bad allergies we changed her diet to homemade food but she's still having issues with her allergies and now is getting these bald spots. I'm not sure if they are related or not. Her new food is beef bone broth, turkey breast and ground, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, kale and eggs. Does anyone know what these spots are? Any help would be appreciated. They don't seem to bug her. -img_20200127_062524-jpg-img_20200127_062512-jpg-img_20200127_062617-jpg

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    Good morning. Our English bulldog has been having really bad allergies we changed her diet to homemade food but she's still having issues with her allergies and now is getting these bald spots. I'm not sure if they are related or not. Her new food is beef bone broth, turkey breast and ground, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, kale and eggs. Does anyone know what these spots are? Any help would be appreciated. They don't seem to bug her. -img_20200127_062524-jpg-img_20200127_062512-jpg-img_20200127_062617-jpg

    are they three different spots or all the same one? Looks to me like possible infection or ring worm.
    @Manydogs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    are they three different spots or all the same one? Looks to me like possible infection or ring worm.
    @Manydogs
    It's three different spots.

  4. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    It's three different spots.

    ok... Id get a vet check. Doesnt seem to be staph, how old is he? If u dear a year, it could be mange
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #5
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Bald spots

    She's almost 5. She's been having bad allergies so we changed her food about a month or so ago to homemade food. But she's still licking her paws like we never changed her food. I don't know if this is related or if it's ringworm or something else completely.

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    She's almost 5. She's been having bad allergies so we changed her food about a month or so ago to homemade food. But she's still licking her paws like we never changed her food. I don't know if this is related or if it's ringworm or something else completely.
    it totally could be allergy related... Id stop the corn in the food and switch to duck protein or bison if you can find them. Less allergens with those two protein
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #7
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Thank you!! She's so sensitive to everything it's hard to know what she's allergic to. Or if it's something bigger

  8. #8
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    Thank you!! She's so sensitive to everything it's hard to know what she's allergic to. Or if it's something bigger

    my guy is allergic to everything green..grass, weeds, tress, etc. also allergic to lamb, soy, chicken and corn. He is on raw food , duck, rabbit, turkey rotation and he gets a Cytopoint shot every two months, if not, he would have ear infections constantly
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  9. #9
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    my guy is allergic to everything green..grass, weeds, tress, etc. also allergic to lamb, soy, chicken and corn. He is on raw food , duck, rabbit, turkey rotation and he gets a Cytopoint shot every two months, if not, he would have ear infections constantly
    Thank you so much for the advice!! We talked about getting her on that shot as well. It feels like since moving out to Vegas she's up and down with her allergies and lately it's been bad...where we come home and a spot on the couch is soaked from her licking her paws. The spots on her back are not red except for one but that happened after I put come coconut oil on it. The rest just look like whiter dry round patches. I didn't know if it was from allergies, ringworm or she not getting enough nutrition from her homemade food.

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    Thank you so much for the advice!! We talked about getting her on that shot as well. It feels like since moving out to Vegas she's up and down with her allergies and lately it's been bad...where we come home and a spot on the couch is soaked from her licking her paws. The spots on her back are not red except for one but that happened after I put come coconut oil on it. The rest just look like whiter dry round patches. I didn't know if it was from allergies, ringworm or she not getting enough nutrition from her homemade food.
    have you thought about raw. Primal, vital essentials, Stella and chewy.... she might be missing some nutrition as they need bone and organs blended with the meat
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #11
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    have you thought about raw. Primal, vital essentials, Stella and chewy.... she might be missing some nutrition as they need bone and organs blended with the meat
    We hadn't thought about raw but we will now. Thank you!

  12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  13. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16478

    Default Bald spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Adunn View Post
    We hadn't thought about raw but we will now. Thank you!
    It made an amazing difference for Lambeau... he lost his fur on both sides, as soon as I put him on raw, it was all coming back within a month


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •