Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded "M" word...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The dreaded "M" word...

you know, they say tree tea oil helps get rid of human lice and also prevents further infestations, so maybe it will do the same for these mites??? just a thought, They are similar so who knows
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

samson also got scrapped for mites. The scrape came up negative, sometimes i wonder if the results are wronge. He gets these bald spots but here is no redness or itching. Im dying to try to help his caot, i have just switched from garbage purina perscription food to natures instince and have grizzley salmon oil on its way, im hoping these help.

Sorry to hear about your dogs mange, i know thats not a fun process

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

I didn't know that about tea tree oil It definitely took away her itchiness, but as soon as I put the ointment back on her she scratched open the patch on the side of her face. I threatened her with a cone on her head, but I'm thinking she's ignoring me I just gave her a benadryl.

@mbuxx it could be something he was allergic to in his food so it's good that you are switching it to at least rule it out if that doesn't help. Bullies can be allergic to so much... chicken,root vegetables,grain... my last bully had alopecia where her hair would fall out on the sides and her skin would turn dark...never figured out what caused it , but it grew back.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Stig had mange too. The vet gave us a heartworm med called Interceptor which he had to take for 45 days. We went for a follow up after 3 weeks and the vet said he was clear so we stopped the meds altogether. From what I can recall, she avoided the dip route because she said it can be hard on our bullies, especially if they're still young.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Oh poor baby! Last year I notice Mocha had a little raised scab. I didnt know what it was but I notice a few days after that she was loosing her hair. I gave her a bath with oatmeal conditioner and I order Goodwinol online. I also found this amazing ointment for dogs 3-Way Ointment Sulfodene. It is great ,It works so fast and you can even use it in humans! I treated the spot with these two things and in less than 2 weeks it was back to normal.Her hair came back in the spot and I had never had any probles of this nature again.
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

Hudson and I hope that Belly is feeling all better soon! He can't wait to see her again! (Us too) I hope that by the time I've now put in a comment, that she's already doing way better!

*Hugs* and never, ever think you are a bad bully momma. You are the BEST!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much for all the advice everyone! I got a hold of our mobile vet today and she said if it were her dog she would use the ProMeris so I ordered it from her online store and it should hopefully be here in a day!

@LisaMarie The goodwinol might have worked if we had caught it sooner.It's spreading like wildfire on her right now so the ointment isn't helping anymore

Thank you @Luvin My Bullie for the instructions

@ILuvHudson Thanks and Belly sends her kisses!

Emmitt was just diagnosed with demodectic mange today and she's putting him on 3 rounds of promeris.
    She's also prescribing some Cephlexin to prevent infection.

Emmitt is 7 months old.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Poor Emmitt! I hope to be getting the promeris in the mail tomorrow. Does the vet have you putting it on him every 2 weeks @Emmitt E ? I've been giving Belly benadryl to keep her from itching at it.Hope he's back to normal soon!

She wants me to apply it every 21 days for three cycles.

Emmitt's don't look too irritated right now, just bald patches. They look bigger since he was there today. I'm not sure what they did at the office that made them grow. Maybe they shaved around them. Who knows?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

@Emmitt E, yes they will take a scraping of the area. It will actually make the area look larger. Poor Emmitt, I am sure I will get the same answer Friday for Bella.

Always with me

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Im pretty sure my two have Demodex also. The vet said she thought it was. Gave me a medicated shampoo to use and it wasnt working. I used tea tree oil at the suggestion of a board member and its clearing up. I also ordered Goodwinol online. Hope its here soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads