Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Acting very strange

  1. #1
    Kennel Cleaner Snoboardchk911's Avatar
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    81
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Acting very strange

    Hey guys! Diesel is turning 10 months and he’s been acting very strange the past few days. He’s been star gazing (I think) and acting like something is flying around but not totally fly “snapping..” he’s also been hiding behind the toilet. He’s eating/ drinking/ going to the bathroom normally. There was a fly in here 2 days ago that he did see and it scared him . He flew off the couch screaming and hiding like it attacked him. Ever since then he has been acting like this.

  2. #2
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    omg im laughing (i do so hope he's fine and my laughter is not wrongly done ) but danged if Hank wont 'fly' gaze, (but at real flys) and it cracks me up. He has seen the chi catch one so i think he is more conscious of them because of that. they are so strange with their 'fears' (tho this is not one of Hanks, he just likes watching) but hopfully, it's just something yours saw and mabie had buzzed in his ear so scared the sweet heart. I Hope no one comes up with something bad and it's just one of those quirks these guys are prone to.

  3. #3
    Kennel Cleaner Snoboardchk911's Avatar
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    81
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    It was 2 days ago and he is still acting like this!! He is scared to death about something! Please don’t tell me that fly scared him that much! Right now he’s on the couch looking around, looking up waiting for the fly to come back...

  4. #4
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    what a sweet heart, and i absolutly do not like to see them fearful Hank is terrified of strait things so i have to be conscious when i pick up longer than normal pencils, or a ruler, or a tape measure, even a taller thin bottle can make him dart away. I just watch those things now (he has me trained) but unless there is something medically that has come up with yours, (which someone may know of his symptoms) then i'd say he's acquired an obsessive compulsive behavior that these guys all seem to have of their own. I hope thats all it is..and that he looses his fear

  5. #5
    Kennel Cleaner Snoboardchk911's Avatar
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    81
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Aww poor Hank! I never knew they were this sensitive. At first I was sure it was fly snapping syndrome. But now I think he is more spooked about the bug incident.

  6. #6
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,392
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13813

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    My sister has 3 small poodles. The 5lb one when he sees a spider he barks non stop and wont move an inch till my sister gets up and gets rid of the spider. Nyala had an issue with brooms when I got her. To remove the fear, I lay the broom on the floor n sat beside it. She would come up to me thinking i want to play with her. She would smell the broom from far but eventually got closer. Took months. Had to leave the broom standing here n there so she sees it. Duke is the same anything you grab long he takes off. Was cleaning the firewood logs n pieces of wood under the deck he takes off like a bullet. Yet, he always goes underneath and drags them out all over the yard n chews on them. My little flyswaper has become a game with him. I noticed when I take it out he wants to play with me. This morning he grabbed it and played with it. If you're brooming or shoveling he takes off. @Snoboardchk911 try sitting down to his level while a fly is around and just say...it's ok it's ok just a fly. Keep his attention elsewhere like playing on the floor with him with his toys. He'll get over it.

  7. Likes Snoboardchk911 liked this post
  8. #7
    Kennel Cleaner Snoboardchk911's Avatar
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    81
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    My sister has 3 small poodles. The 5lb one when he sees a spider he barks non stop and wont move an inch till my sister gets up and gets rid of the spider. Nyala had an issue with brooms when I got her. To remove the fear, I lay the broom on the floor n sat beside it. She would come up to me thinking i want to play with her. She would smell the broom from far but eventually got closer. Took months. Had to leave the broom standing here n there so she sees it. Duke is the same anything you grab long he takes off. Was cleaning the firewood logs n pieces of wood under the deck he takes off like a bullet. Yet, he always goes underneath and drags them out all over the yard n chews on them. My little flyswaper has become a game with him. I noticed when I take it out he wants to play with me. This morning he grabbed it and played with it. If you're brooming or shoveling he takes off. @Snoboardchk911 try sitting down to his level while a fly is around and just say...it's ok it's ok just a fly. Keep his attention elsewhere like playing on the floor with him with his toys. He'll get over it.
    So is it normal for him to still be worried about the one fly that was in here days ago??! There hasn’t been one since then. He’s walking around, ears back looking around for another one to come.. Oh and thank you for explaining these crazy behaviors better!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,392
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13813

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    So is it normal for him to still be worried about the one fly that was in here days ago??! There hasn’t been one since then. He’s walking around, ears back looking around for another one to come.. Oh and thank you for explaining these crazy behaviors better!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sister's dog still barks been a year now. BUT these are poodles we're talking about. Her 3 dogs barks or I should really say yaps at anything and everything even on tv cause she lets them. Extremely annoying! But heh, I dont live there. Flys will always be. Cant do much about not having a fly in the house. My GS would just lay there not moving an inch and wait for the fly, bees or anything that buzzed around him and wIt for it. SNAPPED and ate it.

  10. Likes Snoboardchk911 liked this post
  11. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,681
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17776

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    Hey guys! Diesel is turning 10 months and he’s been acting very strange the past few days. He’s been star gazing (I think) and acting like something is flying around but not totally fly “snapping..” he’s also been hiding behind the toilet. He’s eating/ drinking/ going to the bathroom normally. There was a fly in here 2 days ago that he did see and it scared him . He flew off the couch screaming and hiding like it attacked him. Ever since then he has been acting like this.
    Does he have a tail pocket? Check it and see if it needs a really good cleaning... if not, SOMETIMES when an animal hides they can be in pain or not feel well.

    Any other changes in the house?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #10
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Does he have a tail pocket? Check it and see if it needs a really good cleaning... if not, SOMETIMES when an animal hides they can be in pain or not feel well.

    Any other changes in the house?
    wow! i hope she sees this as your right,,,, Hank has had the run hide sit thing and sort of looking upward when he needed a good cleanig.. it's been awhile and had totally forgot about that!!!!! I have kept up with it (with hellsonwheels concoction) since then and so forgot all about that 'look'... hum,,mabie thats whats going on there.

  13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #11
    Kennel Cleaner Snoboardchk911's Avatar
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    81
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Does he have a tail pocket? Check it and see if it needs a really good cleaning... if not, SOMETIMES when an animal hides they can be in pain or not feel well.

    Any other changes in the house?
    I’ll check the tail pocket! He seems ok now... He went to the kennel for the weekend about 2 weeks ago.. maybe that upset him?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  16. #12
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: Acting very strange

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    Hey guys! Diesel is turning 10 months and he’s been acting very strange the past few days. He’s been star gazing (I think) and acting like something is flying around but not totally fly “snapping..” he’s also been hiding behind the toilet. He’s eating/ drinking/ going to the bathroom normally. There was a fly in here 2 days ago that he did see and it scared him . He flew off the couch screaming and hiding like it attacked him. Ever since then he has been acting like this.
    this is something from another site i just read " Fly Biting Seizures. Not harmful. Not tail pocket because that's when they rub their tail on the carpet. In Fly Biting seizures, they lick up in the air. Give a teaspoon of local honey in food every day and it will stop and help. It's a blood sugar issue. I've rescued and had eleven bulldogs in my life and only one of them has done this. Fed her honey and it stopped" Now i will say that the part about them "rubbing their tail on the carpet is NOT the case for hank at all, for hank, it sounds like what yours is doing.... sooooooooooooo, all im saying is it was odd to read this so soon after you talking about this ..sort of

  17. Likes Snoboardchk911 liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •