Help Needed! 13 week old pup with intermittent raspy breathing

Uiles

Jan 27, 2021
Country
UA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobe
Could it be an allergy? Do you live/ walk near rapeseed fields as they can be quite irritating on the nasal passage which could contribute to the rasped breathing... Would suggest you to take a look at dogresttime.com for some new advices.

AndyB

Feb 24, 2021
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
This is so spooky as I have just joined this forum and was looking at this topic as my bully pup who is also called Betty has the exact same symptoms as Steve described in the original starter post.

She is also intermittent with phlegm but no nasal discharge, eating and drinking as normal and playing and go for walks as normal. And like other members have mentioned she looks and sounds like she needs a good cough. I have checked her mouth while she was phlegmy and noticed a white saliva in the back of her throat , but like I mentioned it is intermittent.

We brought her home at 8 weeks old and she was fine and only started after around 3 days when we started putting her outside in enclosed garden to start house training her and it got to a point where we were very worried and took her to the vets as precaution. The vet gave her a low dose of antibiotics and mentioned it could be a long pallet. Since then it has not been as bad but still notable at times and I have tried the lemon juice but unsure if it works.

I have also contacted the breeder who told us not to worry as she will grow out of it as other people have mentioned but would like to know if Steve’s problem was solved or any ideas to what this is exactly

Members online

No members online now.