Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Semi-Freaking Out

@helsonwheels - ya we tried both sides we believe one side is worse than the other.
    @ddnene - no she didn't call me back, I was upset but when I called back to follow up on the message I left her the girl up front said they had multiple emergencies yesterday and then their AC went out. She said it was a hectic day. So I can't blame her per say she's usually amazing about getting back with me. I guess I'll hear from her Tuesday. She's off til then.
    @Manydogs
    Yes, I don't know why it's affecting me so much. I feel horrible. I've been reading that the medication for ears (momentax) causes hearing loss. I never knew that and he's used it before with no issues. If that's what caused this, it was my fault bc I put it in his ears

Anyway I know I have to wait it out. I've read every article and post I could find, my eyes hurt. Some say hearing came back, and took a few weeks, others say it never returned. He can hear a bit, we just have to be loud, so at least it's not 100% deaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Please take it easy @TyTysmom- It is nothing that you did, and if you stress out too much,you will transfer that to Ty. I was,and still am a wreck sometimes,but it actually never helped anything-except gave ME ulcers. Don't forget we all you and TYTy! Have a glass of Margherita's!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh, you have done everything right, and I'm absolutely sure Tyson knows that! But he probably doesn't know that his hearing is not perfect right now so best procedure is probably to follow normal routines at home and just make sure you don't startle him if he doesn't hear you coming into the room, for instance.

I googled Swedish websites for sudden loss of hearing in dogs, and on a dog forum there was a chow dog owner who described something similar. The vet couldn't see any major problems in the ear but she had also checked the dog's mouth and discovered that a tooth had a fracture - and tooth fracture pain can spread to the ear and affect the dog's hearing. That dog got antibiotics and then the tooth was removed (surgically, as it was a back tooth). Hopefully Tyson's teeth are fine but if the vet didn't check his mouth you could perhaps ask her if this can cause loss of hearing.

Thinking of you and Tyson!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @helsonwheels - ya we tried both sides we believe one side is worse than the other.
    @ddnene - no she didn't call me back, I was upset but when I called back to follow up on the message I left her the girl up front said they had multiple emergencies yesterday and then their AC went out. She said it was a hectic day. So I can't blame her per say she's usually amazing about getting back with me. I guess I'll hear from her Tuesday. She's off til then.
    @Manydogs
    Yes, I don't know why it's affecting me so much. I feel horrible. I've been reading that the medication for ears (momentax) causes hearing loss. I never knew that and he's used it before with no issues. If that's what caused this, it was my fault bc I put it in his ears

Anyway I know I have to wait it out. I've read every article and post I could find, my eyes hurt. Some say hearing came back, and took a few weeks, others say it never returned. He can hear a bit, we just have to be loud, so at least it's not 100% deaf.

WHAT?!! That is insane... why would they ever prescribe the meds in the first place?!! You are a GREAT bully mom, so don't for one second take the blame on this... you need to wait and see how he does.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@TyTysmom.... how is our boy?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes ddnene, TyTysmom liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Praying for Sweet TyTY and his Mom. Sending Loads of Love and Prayers for a Speedy Recovery for Mr. Tyson, and his hearing is all back to normal again.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    @TyTysmom.... how is our boy?

Hey there. Sorry for late reply. He's good, the same. I wish I could say I see improvement but he's the same

My whole heart, Tyson.

11. Likes Texas Carol, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hey there. Sorry for late reply. He's good, the same. I wish I could say I see improvement but he's the same

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry for your woes, your sad heart over this Hon, it's going to be ok... It's pain we don't want them to have,,,, and, for fun, I would start working with simple sign language with him just incase things get worse.. I kind of do that with all mine anyway so I wont feel so bad when the time comes... Is that wrong??,,, I dunno, but it has worked for me even when I haven't had to use it, it was still something fun to do with them. and a great form of communication..

14. Likes Texas Carol, TyTysmom liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

I would be curious to know if dogs can get Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSHL). In humans, for absolutely no reason, you wake up and whammm you just lost your hearing. Nothing is proven anywhere why we humans get that. It's a tiny tumor, NO not that kind of tumor more like a mass that's not dangerous in the inner ear that breaks. You can lose all hearing or partial. Often tinnitus will kick in too. Dogs are the only animal that will get the exact diseases as the human. Makes you think. A good vet check should know. Plz let us know what she says.

16. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Did they vet ever call you back? Oh honey, I'm so sorry... but don't give up hope yet!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Did they vet ever call you back? Oh honey, I'm so sorry... but don't give up hope yet!!!
    No, she hasn't. I went ahead and set up another appointment for tomorrow. I want his ears re-checked. He's been shaking his head a little, and last time she said she couldn't see all the way in because of the meds, so by now that should have cleared. I made an appt for tomorrow at 12. I want answers, not giving up!

The only thing we can think of is this: He had an infection, I applied the ointment, which is considered a toxin (throw it away if you have it) and that ruptured his ear drum. Everything I've read says a ruptured drug causes temporary hearing loss. Most say the hearing comes back once it heals, but there are a small amount that don't. I need her to look at his ears again to see if she can see the drum area now. I don't believe that he just loses his hearing in the matter of one day, and if our theory is correct, it makes sense (the hearing loss).

My whole heart, Tyson.

19. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama, MFrey2012 liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads