Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 31

Thread: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6241

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm going back to the beef and see what happens... what proteins are you using for the boys?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree... and I've been taking him for walks on the days when the weather is nice, and I'm sure it's painful to walk.
    I'm taking Tyson in today, his toe got swollen, and the cyst is still there. I know she's gonna lance it like she did last time... Ugh. I think I may have hubby take him in, I get so anxious at the vet's office! I wonder if its infected since his toe is swollen too, I think he'll need antibiotics. Sheesh! How's Wally's doing today?

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  2. Likes ddnene liked this post
  3. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,081
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17181

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm going back to the beef and see what happens... what proteins are you using for the boys?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree... and I've been taking him for walks on the days when the weather is nice, and I'm sure it's painful to walk.
    Boys are on pork and peas to avoid the potato



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. Likes ddnene liked this post
  5. #15
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,109
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    7704

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    I'm taking Tyson in today, his toe got swollen, and the cyst is still there. I know she's gonna lance it like she did last time... Ugh. I think I may have hubby take him in, I get so anxious at the vet's office! I wonder if its infected since his toe is swollen too, I think he'll need antibiotics. Sheesh! How's Wally's doing today?
    He's acting better, but I can't get a good look at it unless I put on his muzzle. Between that and the anals, he's just a mess... hopefully going to see the vet here soon. I hope Tyson feels better, they have never lanced Wally's before. They would just go away...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
  7. #16
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Ever tried Glandex supplement or Metamucil for anal gland issues? Glandex gets good reviews on Amazon and Metamucil is very inexpensive. You could also switch from Fromm to a high fibre dog food like Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient which has 6.2% fibre compared to 3.9% for Fromm, but like most limited ingredient dry dog foods it isn't rated that highly.

  8. #17
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,109
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    7704

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Ever tried Glandex supplement or Metamucil for anal gland issues? Glandex gets good reviews on Amazon and Metamucil is very inexpensive. You could also switch from Fromm to a high fibre dog food like Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient which has 6.2% fibre compared to 3.9% for Fromm, but like most limited ingredient dry dog foods it isn't rated that highly.
    No I actually haven't... do you think that would help? About every 2 to 3 months we have to get them drained... and it's not bad enough to warrant removal. He's just absolutely miserable and I feel bad for him.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #18
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Its definitely worth investing in a bottle of generic Metamucil ( psyllium ), or Benefibre ( inulin ) or maybe even trying a tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed once or twice daily added to the food. None of these will break the bank. I've never tried Glandex, just read about it on amazon.

  10. Likes ddnene liked this post
  11. #19
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    12,749
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    9918

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Walmart has their own brand of "metamucil". Just plain and cheaper than Meta. Hoping Wallly will feel better It's worth a try-but you'll have to get the glands expressed and then start it. @ddnene
    @TyTysmom Love you TyTy-call a toe truck!!!!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  12. Likes ddnene, TyTysmom liked this post
  13. #20
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    I was just thinking that the ground flaxseed is the healthiest one if it will work, but will add some calories so take that into account. Store the flaxseed in the fridge and grind right before use.

  14. Likes ddnene liked this post
  15. #21
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6241

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    He's acting better, but I can't get a good look at it unless I put on his muzzle. Between that and the anals, he's just a mess... hopefully going to see the vet here soon. I hope Tyson feels better, they have never lanced Wally's before. They would just go away...
    He got wrapped (cleaned & dosed in ointment) & on antibiotics for 2 weeks....




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  16. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama, Manydogs, MFrey2012 liked this post
  17. #22
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    My Otis's Avatar
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)
    1246
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Get well WallyGator, Praying for you Sweet Honey to get over this cyst and anal problems. I Love You Mr. Gator. Praying for You also Mr. Tyson to get well from your cyst. We Love You.

  18. Likes ddnene, TyTysmom liked this post
  19. #23
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,005
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2132

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    I was reading online that a stockholm tar poultice works great for interdigital cysts, but sounds a bit old fashioned and don't know if it really works. I don't know if anyone here on the forum has any experience with it. It's mainly used for horses.

    https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Label-St.../dp/B00GZ2DDJM

  20. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
  21. #24
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,081
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17181

    Default Re: Wallygator has another interdigital cyst... Ugh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I was reading online that a stockholm tar poultice works great for interdigital cysts, but sounds a bit old fashioned and don't know if it really works. I don't know if anyone here on the forum has any experience with it. It's mainly used for horses.

    https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Label-St.../dp/B00GZ2DDJM
    @Manydogs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •