helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am getting a deffusior and some oils what r the most important oils I need to get first I have never used oils before n do not know much about them but if it will in any way do something good for my bully I'm all in

Go back and read from page 1 as it explains everything you need to know. How to start, what to buy, which oils are for what...etc...especially check the links they explain everything! !! Keep in mind oils has the same benefits for your pet. Not just for humans. And if you have questions just ask away as we will guide you. Oh one mix is a MUST to have on hand is the one you'll see where Swaai talks about here 10yr old furball with a very bad ear infection. ive been using it for Nyala's tail pocket n works great! !!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Hankster @helsonwheels Is there essential oil/oils to stop an allergy dog from constantly chewing her feet? Rescue told me "oh,she has NO allergies" ! Liars!

I can not find a book like Essential oils for dummies;)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
@Hankster @helsonwheels Is there essential oil/oils to stop an allergy dog from constantly chewing her feet? Rescue told me "oh,she has NO allergies" ! Liars!

I do not know of one but........ there is a site on fb called essential oils for pets. Some good stuff there and though i do not know from experience this book "ADR The Animal Desk Reference.. Essential Oils for Animals" is said to be real good but 40 bucks .. I will keep my eyes out though.. What about that 'bitter apple' stuff. Only thing there is, if they are just 'obsessively itching/licking' thats one thing but if it's because of allergy, i guess that has to be found not just stopping the itch huh.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Are her paws red at all? You can try iodine soaks. That's what I do when Jax starts licking/chewing more than normal. Fill tub or whatever with enough warm water to cover paws, add povidone iodine until water is the color of iced tea and then soak for 5 minutes. Do daily for a week or so.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

I don't think essential oils will do anything for paw chewing. My dog has decreased her paw chewing quite a bit since switching her to Only Natural EasyRaw turkey dehydrated raw. I also give her cetirizine 0.5 mg/pound once daily and chlorpheniramine 4mg twice daily.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Here's a UPLIFT for diffuser

10 drops Lime
10 drops Cedarwood
10 drops Lavender
08 drops Copaiba.........Copaiba Essential Oil is the most powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient. Massive tree fromethe Amazon rainforest.

You can also use one teaspoon of a carrier oil with 8 drops a lavender and 4 of copaiba and massage on pain.

What do you think of the new hydrosols out now instead of essential oils ? https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/hydrosols

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
What do you think of the new hydrosols out now instead of essential oils ? https://www.edensgarden.com/collections/hydrosols

Hydrosol is water from flowers, plants, leaves and much less concentrate comparison to oils. Oils like you know been around for over 6000 years and some countries like 10, 000 years. I personally would not use water base anything. Like add oil to water...what's the difference? I dont see much. Im sure it's going to be a money grab. I know we need to follow new technology but in my book something thats been around for over 6000yrs n still being used and even in our meds, I'll stick to oils.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], I'll check my tablet for chewing paws. Btw its not just food the culprit to allergies. Hang on!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks!! and i'll have you know i have gone EO crazy ;) I have a whole arsenal of them now and use for everything!! Have found them amazing. I now see why my friend since childhood tried so hard to get me to love them.. lol took a few years but im in ;)

Pass week cost me 300 $ needed to stock up. All I need is Myrrh. Need to do a mix for someone that has thyroid issue. Before i get attack, YES this person still taking his meds. :2thumbs:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Ok before is suggest anything, have a couple questions. Did you change food n what is it you feeding..... what have you tried n still not working n how long? I do have a couple suggestions. Just let me know what the answers are to my question. And yes vet's a liar. Lolll oh one more thing, does the furball have arthritis? That can cause paw licking.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's an informative site. Worth reading all of it!!!! You'll understand more which oils for what. Just remember one thing. Extremely important. For pets, ALL essential oils needs to be mix with a carrier oil. Either, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and avocado oil. I can go on but we'll stop there. Jojoba is a fantastic carrier.... I still believe Frankincense is the top oil to have at home. Cloves is another potent oil with will kill any bacteria. Im not a big believer in high end oils when you can have same oils elsewhere at 1/2 the price. Called...reading n shop around. Read especially the bottom of any web sites when people like me n you add their 2 cents. They are the important part of any sites. You learn a lot more through them. Be the judge!

https://www.verywell.com/frankincen...db2c3625-8870-424f-ac69-e1e74f392730-0-ab_tsb

https://wellnessappliances.com/best-essential-oil-brands/

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you, [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] This little rescue Katie has allergies. First time allergy dog in all my years (and dogs). I have been really lucky,I guess!

Members online

No members online now.