Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Circle without hair?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Country
    Israel
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shoki
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Circle without hair?

    Hi there everyone!

    Im sorry for my bad English and grammar.

    I have English bulldog - male - 1-1/2 years old.
    Few months ago I noticed for some hair missing on his front led went to vet and it's sloved by steroids and antibiotics.

    Before 1-2 months I saw on his stomach some huge circle (his skin was so red) and hair comes off.
    I went to vet again same thing but this time nothing happen, stay as it was but didn't become bigger.

    Few days after I saw on his back left hair missing, informed the vet and same thing but nothing happen.

    This morning I just hug that little bud and saw on his back more two little circles.

    I don't care about wasting my cash for him because he's all my life and I must take care of this dog.
    I don't know what to do, I worry about that so much and feels bad i can't help him...

    Please buddies, help to me and shoki!







  2. #2
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Hello @Camorra and WeLcOmE to EBN

    I'm sorry Shoki is having skin issues. What did the vet say caused it? Did they do a skin scrape to rule out parasites such as Mange?

    Since it comes back even after treatments it might be food related... it's very common that they're sensitive or allergic to things it can even be things in the environment.

    My Boeboe has got sensitive skin, it got a little better after we started adding coconut oil and yogurt to her food but you still need to find the root of the problem
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  4. #3
    Newbie
    Country
    Israel
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shoki
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Hello @Camorra and WeLcOmE to EBN

    I'm sorry Shoki is having skin issues. What did the vet say caused it? Did they do a skin scrape to rule out parasites such as Mange?

    Since it comes back even after treatments it might be food related... it's very common that they're sensitive or allergic to things it can even be things in the environment.

    My Boeboe has got sensitive skin, it got a little better after we started adding coconut oil and yogurt to her food but you still need to find the root of the problem
    Hi, thanks for helping me and Shoki!!

    Well when we was at vet they did that thing and nothing found..
    I don't like to give him much antibiotics and steroids..

    I dont know why that's happen to my little Shoki but I'm worried for him so much..

    There is the current food he's eating -




    What can we do for my Shoki? ;(((

    Thanks!!

  5. #4
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Petra's Avatar
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Location
    Naboomspruit, South Africa.
    Posts
    2,880
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)
    1384

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    If it's not Mange or any parasite it must be allergy of some kind... Most people on the forum are Americans, they'll wake up soon and will have advice

    Even though he's on a special food for sensitive skin it's still possible that it's an ingredient that's causing his reactions. I see on RC website that the main ingredients are rice and wheat... the wheat can maybe be the problem... I'll tag @2BullyMama, she's great at these things, I'm not so clued up on foods
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.



  6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #5
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11535

    Default Re: Circle without hair?



    Petra has given your the correct insight --- it seems your Sholi is allergic to something in the food and that is why the medicine from the vet works for a period of time -- the steroids suppress the reaction, it does not cure anything. Is it possible to get a grain free food or feed raw? They are the best choices
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. Likes Petra liked this post
  9. #6
    Newbie
    Country
    Israel
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shoki
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post


    Petra has given your the correct insight --- it seems your Sholi is allergic to something in the food and that is why the medicine from the vet works for a period of time -- the steroids suppress the reaction, it does not cure anything. Is it possible to get a grain free food or feed raw? They are the best choices
    Hi and thanks for your time !!

    What do you mean about - " get a grain free food or feed raw?
    Can you explain more?

  10. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11535

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camorra View Post
    Hi and thanks for your time !!

    What do you mean about - " get a grain free food or feed raw?
    Can you explain more?
    Grains tend to be a big issue for Bulldogs (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and most dry dog food is packed with it, so if you can purchase a food without any of those ingredients there is a good chance the issue will clear up. Raw, is basically fresh raw meat (turkey, fish, beef, lamb, rabbit) you can feed just the meat with some supplements to get the balance diet for your bully.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #8
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5594

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Grains tend to be a big issue for Bulldogs (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and most dry dog food is packed with it, so if you can purchase a food without any of those ingredients there is a good chance the issue will clear up. Raw, is basically fresh raw meat (turkey, fish, beef, lamb, rabbit) you can feed just the meat with some supplements to get the balance diet for your bully.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  13. #9
    Newbie
    Country
    Israel
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shoki
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Grains tend to be a big issue for Bulldogs (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and most dry dog food is packed with it, so if you can purchase a food without any of those ingredients there is a good chance the issue will clear up. Raw, is basically fresh raw meat (turkey, fish, beef, lamb, rabbit) you can feed just the meat with some supplements to get the balance diet for your bully.
    Thanks for the explanation!!

    I'll try this as soon as possible!

    I hope my Shoki will get better soon, I should go once again to vet tomorrow any tips? What should I tell him about the food? Any medical help needed?

  14. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11535

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camorra View Post
    Thanks for the explanation!!

    I'll try this as soon as possible!

    I hope my Shoki will get better soon, I should go once again to vet tomorrow any tips? What should I tell him about the food? Any medical help needed?
    Can you post any pictures of the area? I'd like to try and see it...... keep in mind the vet will always try to get you to buy what they sell... which is usually all filler based food. So, do your research on what your options are before you change the food.... and then do a slow (7 to 10 day) transition off of the current food to the new food. This way, your baby's belly does not get upset and you are not cleaning up lots of watery poo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  15. #11
    Newbie
    Country
    Israel
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shoki
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Can you post any pictures of the area? I'd like to try and see it...... keep in mind the vet will always try to get you to buy what they sell... which is usually all filler based food. So, do your research on what your options are before you change the food.... and then do a slow (7 to 10 day) transition off of the current food to the new food. This way, your baby's belly does not get upset and you are not cleaning up lots of watery poo.
    Which area? The places without hair or the area he lives and outside?

  16. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11535

    Default Re: Circle without hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camorra View Post
    Which area? The places without hair or the area he lives and outside?

    Oh sorry, the leg... area without hair.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •