Blood in Male English Bulldogs urine

otis2611

Mar 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
We have an 11 year old male English Bulldog named Otis. Yesterday in the morning I thought I saw blood in his urine. When he first initially went to the bathroom, the urine was definitley red. I kept looking and the rest of the day it was yellow- looked back to normal. Today it was the same. We took a urine sample to the vet. There is no bacteria present but elevated red blood cells. We have to do another urine sample on Monday. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm so nervous about it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We have an 11 year old male English Bulldog named Otis. Yesterday in the morning I thought I saw blood in his urine. When he first initially went to the bathroom, the urine was definitley red. I kept looking and the rest of the day it was yellow- looked back to normal. Today it was the same. We took a urine sample to the vet. There is no bacteria present but elevated red blood cells. We have to do another urine sample on Monday. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm so nervous about it.
I know some members went through this, most was bladder infection. I’m sure members will tap in. But plz do keep us updated.

@oscarmayer?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
With the absence of infection I'd initially think bladder stones or malignancy. Is this pup in tact? Could be any of many things upper or lower tract. Vet should be able to ID the problem. Hoping for something easily treatable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No experience... sending healing prayers! Keep us posted