Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23

Thread: Help!!

  1. #1
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Help!!

    -image-jpg
    We cannot figure out what happened!! This has managed to appear on Loki's neck in what seems like overnight. My husband was playing with him yesterday and we found it after I spotted blood on hubby's leg! Loki is strictly an inside dog and doesn't spend a whole lot of time outside right now due to it being too hot... He has a vet appointment in the morning to have it looked at, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it isn't some sort of mange Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to what could have caused this??

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyLoki View Post
    -image-jpg
    We cannot figure out what happened!! This has managed to appear on Loki's neck in what seems like overnight. My husband was playing with him yesterday and we found it after I spotted blood on hubby's leg! Loki is strictly an inside dog and doesn't spend a whole lot of time outside right now due to it being too hot... He has a vet appointment in the morning to have it looked at, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it isn't some sort of mange Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to what could have caused this??
    Hi, welcome. Wow, poor Loki. Did you apply something to it, like ointment in this picture? Its bleeding? Is he scratching it? I believe it could be a very bad hot spot. @2BullyMama, does this look like what Lambeau had on his head?

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  3. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  4. #3
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: Help!!

    It looks to be a hot spot, if so, it needs shaving (by Vet not you) so to get
    air on it and treatment, the way it looks, probably antibiotics & steroid shot.
    I'd be concerned he could scratch it and really make it worse/ infected so I'd
    call back & see if he can come on in or take to another Vet today. If he couldn't
    reach it, not as much concerned but he can ;(

    Please keep us informed and these, sadly, are common and scary. They can just
    appear (insect bite, reaction to something, allergies, etc) & quickly spread & worsen.
    Try to stay calm & get into a Vet today. Prayers for your 'lil man.


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  5. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  6. #4
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    Surprisingly, he hasn't been scratching it all which is crazy! He's had skin allergies before where some of his hair started falling out right on the back of his neck, but never anything like this..

  7. #5
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    I forgot to add, it also has a metallic like smell to it...

  8. #6
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Hi, welcome. Wow, poor Loki. Did you apply something to it, like ointment in this picture? Its bleeding? Is he scratching it? I believe it could be a very bad hot spot. @2BullyMama, does this look like what Lambeau had on his head?
    There has been no sort of ointment applied at all.

  9. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyLoki View Post
    Surprisingly, he hasn't been scratching it all which is crazy! He's had skin allergies before where some of his hair started falling out right on the back of his neck, but never anything like this..
    It is most likely an hot spot, it needs to be kept clean, so give it a gentle cleaning, they will most like shave the area like Carol mentioned. IF he does start itching you can apply cortisone or neosporin - otherwise nothing, dry. We along with many other use Vetericyn, its amazing for hot spots. I recommend you get some and keep it on hand. Its totally safe if licked, the good thing for him with it being located where it is - he can't reach it to lick it. We buy it off Amazon. Keep us posted on what the vet says. Where in TX are you located?

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  10. #8
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    It is most likely an hot spot, it needs to be kept clean, so give it a gentle cleaning, they will most like shave the area like Carol mentioned. IF he does start itching you can apply cortisone or neosporin. We along with many other use Vetericyn, its amazing for hot spots. I recommend you get some and keep it on hand. Its totally safe if licked, the good thing for him with it being located where it is - he can't reach it to lick it. We buy it off Amazon. Keep us posted on what the vet says. Where in TX are you located?
    I will look for that today!! I'm hoping it's nothing serious. We are located in the Tomball/Woodlands area.

  11. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyLoki View Post
    I will look for that today!! I'm hoping it's nothing serious. We are located in the Tomball/Woodlands area.
    Lovely, I'm in Katy, but work in Houston. We have a few fellow Houstonians here too. We actually all see the same vet too Your baby will be fine, I'm sure its nothing serious. But the Vetericyn is awesome to always have on hand Keep us posted!

    Give it a good cleaning though! Warm water, with a damp soft towel. If you have any medicated shampoo you can use that. If not, just water.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  12. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,126
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11470

    Default Re: Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    It looks to be a hot spot, if so, it needs shaving (by Vet not you) so to get
    air on it and treatment, the way it looks, probably antibiotics & steroid shot.
    I'd be concerned he could scratch it and really make it worse/ infected so I'd
    call back & see if he can come on in or take to another Vet today. If he couldn't
    reach it, not as much concerned but he can ;(

    Please keep us informed and these, sadly, are common and scary. They can just
    appear (insect bite, reaction to something, allergies, etc) & quickly spread & worsen.
    Try to stay calm & get into a Vet today. Prayers for your 'lil man.

    Yes, it is a hotspot and as Carol stated.... shave the area and keep it DRY. These are normally due to a weaken immune systems, which can stem from allergies (one way). Instead of a steroid shot, there is a spray to can apply to it that the vet can give you --- no ointments or anything like that --- you need it to dry up -- air is your friend
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. Likes TyTysmom, Texas Carol liked this post
  14. #11
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    Thanks so much everyone!! I will definitely keep y'all posted as to what the vet says!

  15. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  16. #12
    Newbie LazyLoki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Help!!

    So the metallic smell coming from Loki's spot is getting worse... What causes the smell?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •