I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ear cleaning?

@TessaAndSamson that is exactly how my vet told me to do it, and when I said 5 drops, really??? I am not going to count, I just squirt it in, but anyway, Squirt, massage well until very wet sound, jiggle the ear up and down and all around, then let him shake it out, OUTSIDE, I do make him wait a bit by holding his head and telling him what a good boy he is and he is going to get a treat, then after he shakes. I wipe as much as I can, the rest goes on my area rug as he runs 90 miles an hour with his ear to the rug making sure to do both sides. Between the scoots when he needs his anal glands done and the ear oil/dirt, you could not pay me enough to sit on my rug, that is why god invented Stanley Steamer, it gets your carpet cleaner!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @TessaAndSamson that is exactly how my vet told me to do it, and when I said 5 drops, really??? I am not going to count, I just squirt it in, but anyway, Squirt, massage well until very wet sound, jiggle the ear up and down and all around, then let him shake it out, OUTSIDE, I do make him wait a bit by holding his head and telling him what a good boy he is and he is going to get a treat, then after he shakes. I wipe as much as I can, the rest goes on my area rug as he runs 90 miles an hour with his ear to the rug making sure to do both sides. Between the scoots when he needs his anal glands done and the ear oil/dirt, you could not pay me enough to sit on my rug, that is why god invented Stanley Steamer, it gets your carpet cleaner!!!
    LOL Thats why I love having so much mostly laminate floors! Carpet gets so gross with dogs!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

I got a Halo ear cleaner from Carolina pet pantry...smells pretty good Belly doesn't have really icky ears yet so I just put a little on a cotton ball and clean them out.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    I got a Halo ear cleaner from Carolina pet pantry...smells pretty good Belly doesn't have really icky ears yet so I just put a little on a cotton ball and clean them out.

I couldn't find that on that site @Angelgirl

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I think that Bruce talked to the vet so much yesterday about Vegas and the MRI that they just skimmed over the details about HRH's ears.

Bruce had told him that we got her ears cleaned at Petsmart and the vets comment was to do them at home because they weren't very clean. He likely expected Bruce to pay attention while he was cleaning them, but since I'm the one in charge of those details he didn't watch too closely, and I was at work, not at the appointment. He did tell me the vet used the large swabs they have. But that's where I am worried about not knowing how far in to wipe. I like the idea of the cleaner that loosens up the wax.

I watched the girl do them at petsmart and she just took some cotton squished with some cleaner and wiped them, so thats all I have been doing too.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

@BruceP here is the link Cloud Nine Herbal Ear Wash 4oz it just smells like herbs.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Churchill Johnson
    Likes (Received)

baby wipes to start and then a q-tip if more cleaning is needed... we also add a bit of oil once every few weeks on our other dogs... this loosens up anything that the initial cleaning didn't get...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads