Bladder Stones

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi! Just wanted to give an update....Barkley had his surgery last week and everything went well. The vet just called with the results of the stone analysis and they are cystine stones :( He said that Barkley needs to be on the Science Hills UD food now to prevent them from coming back. He wants me to switch him to that and then come back in a couple weeks so he can test his urine.

I know that Science Hills is not a great brand of food at all and I definitely do not want to be feeding him crappy food. I will have to check out the group you mentioned above and see if they have any recommendations on feeding to prevent the stones from coming back other than the Science Hills.

Thanks! :)

That's great that the surgery went well!! :up:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
SAME THING WITH MY BABY!!! Had him on that crap food for a long time and then I swapped to Castor and Pollux from PetsMart and I've never had any issues... My vet said it's ok as long as he's going potty normally.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great that the surgery went well! Cystine stones can be tricky, but you can also find a group for Canine cystinuria in yahoo and they have great suggestions on other type of feeding.

Members online

No members online now.