The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is still blowing lost of crap out of her nose but we can no longer feel it in her chest so we will see. Her color is a lot better though. Back to her light pino on her face instead of red.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vet followup tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

fingers, toes, paws and eyes.... and throwing in a few hairs too! Positive thoughts heading your way Miss Harlea!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We just got home from the vet a few minutes aog and there is good news and bad news. The good news is the infection is out of her chest and lungs... Yippie!!!!!

The first part of the bad news is that it is still in her nose and she is blowing it everywhere and on everything. So, now to finally get rid of that she has to have antibiotic drops in her nose twice a day for 7 days.... That should be one heck of a party trying to do that. Lol

The second part of the bad news is that she still has a staph infection. It staph has gotten better but is still there and in some of the spots where the staph was previously we now have yeasties. So she is doing another round of. 2 med combination to clear up the yeast and the remaining staph. We go back in another 2 weeks for another recheck and skin test. If the staph is still there in 2 weeks then they are doing a culture for MRSA. I hope with all I have that she doesn't have MRSA.

Plus she had her anal glands expressed.

So to sum it up she still has her infections though not as bad and is still on 3 different antibiotics for another 2 weeks and needs to be bathed twice a week. I will be a pro at giving her meds after this for sure.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well...damn! What are you giving her, Todd, to build up her immune system?

I'm renewing my prayers for Harlea to kick these infections out, once & for all.

Got some ideas and will post to you after I review them for accuracy. GOD bless!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She gets a daily dose of either yogurt or kefir as well as HardyPet. We figured out where she got everything from though. A few weeks ago when I figured out she was allergic to the new fabric softner I thought I had rewashed everything. I missed one of her blankets and she started scratching a bit again and had actually scratched herself until she had a small sore. I didn't see the sore and it rained that day which means she is going to romp in the mud. This was the same day of the picture I posted of her with a muddy face. So putting 2 and 2 together it was the romp in the mud that most likely caused all of this.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] It's good to hear it's out of her chest! I agree you will be an expert at giving her meds after all of this. It's crazy to think that fabric softner started all of this, I hope she feels better today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow -- Mr. Detective :detective2: what a great catch with connecting the dots on how she got the infection.

So hope this all heals up quick and you no longer need to give her all these meds.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Me too. It is tough seeing her so uncomfortable. We love that our vet(s) listen to us. We mentioned about how the Gold Bond lotion was providing her more relief that Benadryl she thought about it for a moment and agreed with our continued use of it as long as she couldn't lick it which she can't.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When it rains it pours. Looks like we got both the sinus infection and staph infections taken care of but now she is as yeastie as can be on her belly only from all the meds so I know it is not food or allergy related as she doesn't have a runny nose, tear stains or has it hit her paws. So now the trek begins to get this killed off so she can get back to normal.

Staff online

Members online