Thread: RUNNY NOSE

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cali
    Likes (Received)

Default RUNNY NOSE

Hi everyone! My cali girl has a runny nose! We know she is just fine as her temperament is as cooky as always! Lol. Does anyone have any over the counter recommendations to help stop the boogies? We are trying to avoid running to the vet for every runny nose, bump and bruise. It sure does add up!! ($$) any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RUNNY NOSE

If it's clear, then it's allergies… you can give her Benadryl or Zyrtec for that. If it's discolored, or if she has a cough, discharge from the eyes, then she will need to see the vet.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cali
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    If it's clear, then it's allergies… you can give her Benadryl or Zyrtec for that. If it's discolored, or if she has a cough, discharge from the eyes, then she will need to see the vet.
    thank you so much for your reply!! its clear! we will go to cvs, which one do you recommend? for kids? adults? liquid/pill/chewable?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

not chewable, the pink pill kind, 1 25 mg pill per 25lbs of dog. We buy the 50mg pills (because i take them too) and give Lola 1 pill at a time because she is 50 lbs.
    we buy generic brand, but I make sure there are no other added ingredients, medicinal or otherwise.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    not chewable, the pink pill kind, 1 25 mg pill per 25lbs of dog. We buy the 50mg pills (because i take them too) and give Lola 1 pill at a time because she is 50 lbs.
    we buy generic brand, but I make sure there are no other added ingredients, medicinal or otherwise.
    Thanks for answering, I was out all day!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Baxter Tiberius

@MommyOfCali keep in mind, runny noses come and go with this breed (at least with Baxter) due to tons of innocent, temporary things. One minute his nose is try, the next minute he was sniffing something and its soaking wet running. So I wouldn't automatically drug them up with allergy medications. Unless its definitely an all day thing and its getting all over, and they are sneezing / slobbering nonstop because of it. If its intermittent, I would just wipe the nose and go on with the day.

-B-

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cali
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    @MommyOfCali keep in mind, runny noses come and go with this breed (at least with Baxter) due to tons of innocent, temporary things. One minute his nose is try, the next minute he was sniffing something and its soaking wet running. So I wouldn't automatically drug them up with allergy medications. Unless its definitely an all day thing and its getting all over, and they are sneezing / slobbering nonstop because of it. If its intermittent, I would just wipe the nose and go on with the day.

-B-
    Okay thank you so much!!!!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Looks like everyone has given you some great advice.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

My Bodie has had a runny nose his entire life!! Vet told us too that its nothing to worry about unless its greenish! Green usually means infection. Bodie also ALWAYS has greyish eye boogies too, I mean all the time, constantly wiping his eyes off.

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Remove Ads