Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rant/questions/very upset

And while on vacation the place sent us pictures of Rumble and he looked so happy that I tried not to worry about him. That was probably a mistake. Here are the pictures they sent us.-img_0642-jpg-img_2987-jpg

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    It is so hard to know what is the right thing to do. Maybe the daycare had a change in staff? We went to South Carolina and for us it was about a 13hr trip. The vet said the trip would have been ok for Brutus as long as he likes the car (which he does). He said that Brutus would let us know when he had to potty. The fact that he did not do well without us just solidifies the fact that he will come with us from now on. The next trip we are taking is a ski trip and Brutus will be with us for sure. I hope Rumble feels better soon.
    We are planning a vacation for next summer and I told my hubby when he was looking at places to make sure they are pet friendly because Sheldon is going with us.

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    We are planning a vacation for next summer and I told my hubby when he was looking at places to make sure they are pet friendly because Sheldon is going with us.

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!
    Very smart. Sheldon will have a great time and so will you knowing your baby is safe with you.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    And while on vacation the place sent us pictures of Rumble and he looked so happy that I tried not to worry about him. That was probably a mistake. Here are the pictures they sent us.-img_0642-jpg-img_2987-jpg
    He does look happy. I think they just didn't know how to take care of his wrinkles. Maybe they will learn from this. Its just upsetting that it had to be at rumbles expense.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I read your post a while ago-this is so upsetting x
    As a customer you got a right to demand an explanation and if your baby need a treatment what you sign it doesn't matter -boarding kennels should provide your baby with security and care and they failed ;-(
    I would go nuts if this was my dog -but then again i got short fuse xxx i hope you be able to get to the bottom of this situation xx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Baxter Tiberius

1) Boarding places don't pay attention to the dogs 24/7 and there is ample opportunity for dogs to get in seriously inappropriate aggressive play with absolutely nobody watching at the time. This is one major problem with boarding places. Even the place I go which is insanely expensive and considered top tier - I know for a fact they don't watch the dogs the whole time they are together. Anyone who knows anything about dogs knows that when dogs are in a group like that, someone needs to be watching every single minute to separate them if necessary. Otherwise bad things can happen. I don't know why dog daycare places don't have a friggen clue about this ...

2) Im betting he slept for 2 days after you got him back because of the constant, incessant noise of irritatingly loud barking dogs ... literally 24/7. Our bullies need their sleep desperately. Being in your home is quiet and comforting and restful. They don't do well with stress because i don't believe they get as much of an opportunity to recuperate from stress. Or they take significantly longer. Their sleep is not as deep as any other dogs sleep is. And if you've got a bunch of annoying, barking dogs all around, he probably spent a week unable to get fully rested any of those nights. Im growing to really dislike boarding places. Mostly because of the other dogs. I'd kill myself if my dog didn't shut up like most of those dogs never do ....

3) I found out quickly that boarding places, no matter how great they claim to be, don't know how to feed english bulldogs. I took baxter to D.O.G. Miami - a super nice place, and he came home with almost a closed up throat and bloodshot eyes after only 4 hours there for daycare. It didn't take me long to realize they'd been giving him treats which he's allergic to. English Bulldogs need to be carefully monitored. Especially what they eat. you cant just toss them treats that you toss to all the other dogs. Again, if these daycare places knew their stuff, they would know this. Its basic English Bulldog 101... This may be why he has sores if they're allergy related. Who knows what he was eating the whole time.

There are a lot of things you could say to them in a situation like this, and I know you've already called and spoken to them, but I think a one liner like this would be very impactful:
    "There are several things you guys need to be educated on regarding this breed. If you're not, you should not be offering to board English Bulldogs at all"

Kevin
    Last edited by Baxter Tiberius; 10-02-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads