Thread: Question about promeris?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Default Question about promeris?

My bully, tubby had a bout of demodectic mange and after a couple of treatments she is all clear. The other day on a normal visit to the vet he recommended we treat her with a product called promeris. Its a monthly flea treatment but it also kills demodectic mange mites. I was wondering if any one else has used this or is currently using it and what are the side effects if any.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about promeris?

Sounds familiar but thats about it. I dont use flea treatments regularly tho cuz we have been lucky enough to not need them. By the way I love your avatar pic!!!! What a cutie!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have never had mange- well I mean my dogs haven't- so I have never heard of it?

Yes, LUVIN' that avatar!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Yeah we dont use flea treatments either, hopefully some other members will be able to help.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, I'm not help. Never had to deal with mange and have never even heard of that drug. But I looked it up and this is what 1800petmeds.com said:

When licked from the application site dogs responded with head shaking, licking, lethargy and salivation. All of these responses resolved without treatment. When used between the shoulder blades, as directed, it should be difficult for a dog to lick the product. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after the use of any pesticide product. If skin irritation, change in behavior, vomiting or diarrhea is observed and persists after the use of this product, call your veterinarian immediately.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

No experience here either but, from what I gather, one of the components of this medication is relatively new and not time-tested. Since your bully doesn't have mange anymore, I would probably fault on the side of caution and ask if you can put your baby on something more established since there are many, many reliable flea treatments to choose from.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

never heard of promeris. our bullie got mange when he was about 3 to 4 months old we treated it about 3 weeks later it was all cleared up. a few weeks ago he got a little spot on his head which ended up mange again. if its supposed to what it says guess it wouldnt hurt to try it.. we dont have to use flea control on our boys

Remove Ads