Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning tips and advice for a noob please :)

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cleaning tips and advice for a noob please :)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I use an oatmeal soothing shampoo and condition about once a month, but I clean the wrinkles daily with a warm washcloth. None of my bullies require butt wipe downs bcuz their tails are either short or straight and do not cause blockages.

Since we live in as and it is dry here, we plan on using bath oil now too, not sure yet if it will be too much but molly sure is soft from using it.
    I know this post is old,but how did you use the bath oil? Do you still use it? If not, why didn't you like it?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I give my two guys a bath usually every week, but with Christmas hustle and bustle it's been every 2 weeks. I use a puppy no tears oatmeal and chamomile formula, with baby scent. It makes them smell like baby powder. Every other day, I use unscented baby wipes on their face folds, ears, eyes, and when needed on their butts, I don't have a problem with their tail pocket, it isn't tight and stays clean, but I will wipe their butts if they have had loose stools, or diarrhea, or when needed. I also brush their teeth, twice a week.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I did use the one by Nuetrogena. I am no longer using it because I don't want to upset the PH balance, and I now think it may clog pores.

However, if you are in a battle with a yeast infection and are washing more often with a powerful RX shampoo (it dries the skin out), I would still recommend it.

Salmon or Coconut oil in the food works better I think for keeping a soft coat for normal day to day care. I no longer us oatmeal shampoo but use Pharmaseb anitbacterial antifungal shampoo. I really keeps the yeasty beasties at bay!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads