"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recommendations re Glucosamine/Chondrotin

Quote Originally Posted by DesertBum View Post
    I have been giving our 11 year old bullmastiff GNC Pets Ultra Mega Hip & Joint Health for Senior Dogs - Beef Flavor. He loves them and have noticed a world of difference since we started him on them.
    Thank you for the suggestion @DesertBum. My fondest bestest dream come true would be an 11 year old Bea and Bo. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by KT221 View Post
    Muffin was diagnosed through an exam with her vet. The vet flexed all of her major joints and could literally feel the grinding of the bone. They also did some sort of neurological test to see if she was in pain from the areas that felt particularly bad. I'm sure your vet could let you know of Bea is going through something similar. Miss Muffin is also young (three or four) and with the "classic frumpy short-legged, fireplug shaped body". No "hijack" worries at all! The more discussion, the better. I hope both mom and Bea figure this out soon.
    I truly adore my vet and this sounds like a job for Dr. Terry. She's due for a check up anyway so the timing is right. I'll report back with findings! That "grinding of the bone"; I know it well. My own knee does that. It's hell getting old! hahahahahaha

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom - anxious to hear how the Nuviflex works out. I'd like to avoid chicken, pork and anything "grainy" on this end too.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    about 6 months ago, I started all 5 of mine on a product called "Regenex" since I have five of them, I went with the formula for horses. Boy does this stuff work or what. I have it figured out to aprox. 1/8 teaspoon per dog. I use a eye dropper, if you Google the product you will see they have a formula for dogs too. The horse formula is the most percentage of Glucosamine /Chondroitin I have ever seen. And my vet approved it.
    I want to try this stuff. Do you have to have a Dr's RX to get it? (I will get the dog version though LOL)

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    I want to try this stuff. Do you have to have a Dr's RX to get it? (I will get the dog version though LOL)

I will pm you the site, no Rx needed
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I will pm you the site, no Rx needed
    Thank You!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Can salmon oil be given to pups?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to give an update on Miss Muffin and the glucosamine and salmon oil products. I went with Cosequin DS Plus MSM. She's been on it for about a week and a half now. By all accounts, it's great. Miss Muffin has always been very mellow and pokey, but after being on Cosequin, she's started running! Yes, RUNNING! Sure it's for about 5-10 seconds, three to five times a day, but that's a lot for my pig. Miss Muffin loves the taste of the tablet, recognizes the bottle and gets excited when it's time to take it.

I also started Miss Muffin on Grizzly Salmon Oil All-Natural Dog Food Supplement. This stuff is great as well. Occasionally, Miss Muffin would scratch her belly with her hind legs. After a few days of taking the salmon oil, the scratching stopped. Her coat was soft to begin with, but it's even softer now. It could be my imagination, but her poops are a little more, um, lubricated? Before the salmon oil, Miss Muffin had pretty dry poops. Now, they're solid but not super dry.

Anyway, I hope every one else is having equally successful results from whatever products they're giving their babies!

Fact: glucosamine only works about 40% of the time... there are better herbs out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads