Help Needed! Gags and vomits every day. Any ideas?

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
Hi! I know I'm kinda late with this response, but it has been a while since I've been on. My older bully, Bruno used to do the same thing. He would throw up almost daily...sometimes multiple times daily...sometimes food....sometimes foam. We went through a ton of different foods and different proteins. Turns out salmon is what works for him. We switched to a better quality food...Fromm salmon and vegetable. He is almost 3 now, and he only vomits on occasion....usually in the morning...he sometimes wakes up and sounds really stuffy...then will throw up some foamy stuff. Bruno has all sorts of allergies...we give him a Benadryl at breakfast and at dinner. We also feed him 3 smaller meals a day. We give him a small spoonful of canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin) with dinner...I learned on here this is very good for dogs' intestines. It was a rough time trying to figure out what was going on with my Bruno, so I totally know what you're going through. Let me know if you have any other questions!

OP
MacAttack

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
Switching him to Fromm Pork and Applesauce did the trick. He's been on it about a year now and no problems with vomiting at all. We tried switching to the Salmon and Duck flavors but they seem to make his eyes tear up. The canned pumpkin sounds simple enough that I just might do that to keep his stomach healthy. Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Switching him to Fromm Pork and Applesauce did the trick. He's been on it about a year now and no problems with vomiting at all. We tried switching to the Salmon and Duck flavors but they seem to make his eyes tear up. The canned pumpkin sounds simple enough that I just might do that to keep his stomach healthy. Thanks!

Awesome to hear! So glad to hear from you too!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
MacAttack

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
Thank you! I've been away from here far too long and it's so nice to be back!! :happydance:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you! I've been away from here far too long and it's so nice to be back!! :happydance:

Great News and Welcome back. lots to catch up on. We've been feeding our pack Pork and Peas also, I'm very happy with it and they all love it too.

Members online

No members online now.