Hives and sores????

OP
widebody

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
Same treats.. and he doesn't have any bedding... I was also wondering if he could of developed and allergy to the taste of the wild... I want to change his food today, shampoo has been changed 3 times already, with the same issues...
Ill stop the treats all together today... what's a good food I could switch to? I was considering trying Blue
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

OP
widebody

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
Just got a bag of blue wilderness.... i'll see if he does any better with this

OP
widebody

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
Well the food didn't improve him... he is hived up again and back to digging

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
The only thing I use on Amber is oatmeal shampoo and in between baths I give her an arm and hammer baking soda wash. I works great; just some warm water in the bath tube, some baking soda in the water and I rub her down with it. I started doing this years ago with the Great Danes in the winter when you really don't want to bath them too much but they get musty smelling without a bath. It makes them smell great and there are less irritations for the skin. Amber gets more baking soda rubs than actual baths with the oatmeal shampoo and she smells great and no irritations. It is cheap to use and almost everyone has it in the house. Good luck.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I went through this too and finally paid the $300 for an allergy test. When I changed the food, cutting out the many ingredients his panel said he was allergic to, (and there were many, oats, barley, alfalfa, white potato - things even great dog foods have) the spots went away. I am very mad right now though, he has three of those spots right now, no doubt from him getting into the cat food a few times. They are never red, just crusty and bits of hair come out. I keep them clean and put Muricin on them. They seem to take a long time to heal but they don't get worse and he doesn't scratch at them, so I didn't take him to the vet this time and we are assuming it's from sneaking cat food, which is full of everything he is allergic too. Also, just a note, out guy is allergic to oatmeal, so we don't use oatmeal shampoo, but prefer Etiderm and Malasab anti yeast.

Members online

No members online now.