Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some days I feel like Audrey will NEVER get better :(

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Some days I feel like Audrey will NEVER get better :(

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm not allowed to put the link here, but if you Google nzymes, maybe they could help??? At least the testimonies are impressive.
    Thanks for the tip! I will look that up.
    Bully Love From,
    Giuli, Matt, Audrey Hepbull, and Copernicus Darwin(Papillon)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Saalwi View Post
    Oh please do hang in there...it's so tough when it seems like nothing works and your getting hit from all sides....try to focus on the most immediate crisis which seems the skin infection and boosting her immune system ....pm me if your interested in learning about Meridien points on the body that you can massage to stimulate the immune system and organ health....much like the thymus thumping @Twice spoke of i would gladly send you the information....it can't hurt and it's not a drug but there is a lot of evidence that it is powerful in helping a body heal......
    I am definitely interested in the info. Could you please PM it to me?
    Bully Love From,

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelsMom View Post
    I am dealing with itching right now too and here's what I use and what's been working for me:
    Our vet says I'm doing good with these options so maybe consider the spray and shampoo for her at least?

HardyPet Complete Vitamins - 2 daily
    ChlorHex 2X 4% Spray, 8 oz
    Chlorhex 2x 4% Shampoo, 8 Oz.
    Benadryl 24mg - 2 tablets 3x a day

Please don't give up you must relax so she can relax - I've read stress can affect their immune system so if she senses your stress and frustration then how can she fight this battle? She needs extra TLC just like you do and that's what we're here for so hoping you find strength and help here and let's get Audrey back to GREAT! Sending love, prayers & lots of bully hugs!!!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Audrey is currently on Pyoben which is a follicular flushing shampoo (made by virbac). She isn't on a daily multivitamin but I will look into the brand you suggested. thanks! She is on benedryl 50mg 3x a day.
    Bully Love From,

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

It didn't take me long to figure out these guys here didn't do well on chicken.. shedding, eye goop and mining hair loos on side with dark spot. and one sore ear. scratchiness going on too, took me one an a half week to know that wasn't going be on the menu oh yeah can't forget the loose poohs change to lamb and rice Natural California ,mix some special goodies in there makes it more tasty and interest resting for them 50% ground beef, 25% fresh rew veggies, chopped, carrots, parsley, Broccoli 25% cooked oatmeal,cooked sweat potato or cooked rice..
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    Were her poops good on the beed? Why not try that again? Im guessing you tried giving the canned pumpkin too?

I wanted to suggest getting her some shirts to wear to keep her from itching her skin raw...playapup makes some especially for that and theyre antimicrobial...petco sells them online, not sure about in-store....
    and maybe try a skin/coat supplement to see if you can get her skin healthy again? drsfostersmith makes some that I used to use on another dog we had and it worked good. Or if you cant go raw maybe try a raw supplement.
    I have dealt with mange before also and I know frontline worked for me...
    hope she gets better soon.
    She is back onto raw beef. As I mentioned above it is Stella and Chewy's brand because that is certified bacteria free raw. She was on a fish oil supplement before the runny poop started. We will wean her back onto that soon.
    Thanks for the tips about the antimicrobial t-shirts! She currently has some shirts she wears now, but I will definitely have to check out the antimicrobial shirts!
    Bully Love From,

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Just also wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone for your kind words, suggestions, and support. Audrey is dealing with alot of issues and having people to vent to, who really seem to care about Audrey really makes things a little bit easier to bear.

On a positive (?) note, turns out Audrey DOESN'T have the contagious type of mange (sarcoptic). I found a flea on my other dog, Copernicus, and it turns out THAT is why they have both been so miserable. I am pretty upset because Copernicus is on frontline, but it looks like it's not working. I have heard reports in my area that FL+ just doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. I am going to the vet tomorrow to pick up some Comfortis for them both. We by no means have an infestation going on (thank god!) so hoping this at least makes them both stop scratching!

Audrey is seeming to tolerate her ivermectin and Cephalexin ok. As I mentioned above, still no recent poops so I don't know how that is going, but she hasn't vomitted or had any reaction to the meds.
    Bully Love From,

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Hepbull View Post
    Just also wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone for your kind words, suggestions, and support. Audrey is dealing with alot of issues and having people to vent to, who really seem to care about Audrey really makes things a little bit easier to bear.

On a positive (?) note, turns out Audrey DOESN'T have the contagious type of mange (sarcoptic). I found a flea on my other dog, Copernicus, and it turns out THAT is why they have both been so miserable. I am pretty upset because Copernicus is on frontline, but it looks like it's not working. I have heard reports in my area that FL+ just doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. I am going to the vet tomorrow to pick up some Comfortis for them both. We by no means have an infestation going on (thank god!) so hoping this at least makes them both stop scratching!

Audrey is seeming to tolerate her ivermectin and Cephalexin ok. As I mentioned above, still no recent poops so I don't know how that is going, but she hasn't vomitted or had any reaction to the meds.
    oh im watching this thread and praying for aubrey. its so hard when they are sick and you feel so helpless. it makes it all the better when they do get well and feel better. yes lots of people are complaining that frontline is not working anymore.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sweet sweet Audrey, sounds like you finally have some good news!! Sounds like she is absorbing all of that food so no poo yet, she probably needs it right now so I will be watching and praying for more good news to follow!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

@Audrey Hepbull I just ordered my pup some of the shirts because they looked really comfortable for outside. If you do decide to order I could probablly help you with the sizing. *hoping* I got the right size ordered. Amazon had some a lil cheaper, but petco is having a sale right now online.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads