Poor Chester...

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
he has an ear infection :eek: He is on some antibiotic ointment and steroid drops. His ear was almost swollen shut :( ( I told my husband maybe that's why he doesn't listen ;) ) Anyway.. she said it's probably not from his "swimming" but allergies from the treats we are giving him. She said he is on one of the best foods - Avoderm - but his treats are no good. What treats do you guys give?? Thankfully this isn't next week when we away on vacation.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I give Fromm grain free treats, Avoderm treats, and any other grain frees I can find. They wont be in the treat isle, they are usually by the food. :)

What did the doc prescribe for the ear infection? Poor Chester.... :( and right before you are leaving on vacation too! :(

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Honestly I have been bad with treats because the boys dont get very many of them since I give so many vegies instead. Cutty has been pink lately tho so I know it is from the treats I get so I am going to stop with all the random ones and just get something name brand also. Problem is we have a LOT cuz I buy in bulk so we will be emptying the cupboard for some time.
Poor Chester, I hope the meds kick in and fix his poor ear!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Aww poor Chester. Samson got his first ear infection in May and I've been battling it ever since. It will clear up for a week or so then it's back again. No fun!

I buy the Natural Balance sweet potato & salmon treaats and these other ones from Petsmart, Pet Botanics Omega treats. I buy the salmon ones (link below). I also do the frozen carrot thing and broccoli.

http://www.entirelypets.com/omegatr...lmon|utmcmd=organic&__utmv=-&__utmk=250549767

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I dont feed Maximus any treats, since most of them have some sort of wheat or other grain in them, and Maximus has a bad reaction to grains, and usually ends up with having Bad diarrhea...
I would love to find a decent grain-free treat, so if anyone knows of any good ones let me know.

I'm curious about Chester ---- what did the VET say ? An ear infection caused by treats???
I would like to hear more about that ....

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It probably is a yeast issue from an allergy that then has a domino effect to the ears/infection. I am with Cali-jen. I give natural veggie treats, rare carrots and blueberries. Bella can only have a treat like this immediately after she eats due to the fact ALL food has to be treated with digestive enzymes.

Any Allergy can cause this to also look into other things. Plastic in toys/bowls and bedding. My Abby is allergic to that, pork and any dairy products such as cheese, milk etc... I had to eliminate one thing at a time to figure it all out. A lot of patience but worth it.
Good luck and I hope Chester get better real fast!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.