Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruben and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello Everyone!

Thank you for your kind welcome! My husband and I are new bully owners and we have two sweet babies, Ruben and Winston (see avatar). They are now 12 weeks old and are the love of our lives. Unfortunately these sweet little babies have come to us with some major medical problems...already...so I'm sure you'll be hearing from us a lot.

Ruben has a class 3 murmur caused from pulmonary stenosis and associated with already moderate pulmonary hypertention. He also has anemia and low blood pressure. Winston has a class 2 murmur caused from a VSD, an umbilical hernia, and bilateral cherry eyes. Both pups have a cardiologist already, have had echocardiograms, and will have them again in 6 months and annually thereafter. Winston will have his hernia and cherry eyes fixed when he is neutered (if we can wait on the cherry eyes).

We fell in love with these boys the minute we saw them so there was no way we were going to return them to the breeder, even though she offered to take them back for a full refund. We've decided to raise and care for these lovely brothers as long as we have the pleasure. They do not act sick at all and are quite smart and will behaved.

This is our first time having bulldogs as members of our family. We are very pleased to be a part of this "club". Thank you.

Edy and Jeremy

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to EBN, Edy and Jeremy, this is a great site. You'll find many members here have felt with heart wrenching and extensive medical problems with their babies. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, if someone can't answer it immediately, they'll tag a member who they think might have been there did that to bring you first hand experience. I use to have cocker spaniels as pets, but after meeting a pet in Lafayette LA, who was an English Bull Dog, my heart train of thought changed. I now have two of them, and together with these guys we make a family. They are the most awesome pets I've ever had, but I'll assure you their stubborn and determined at times, but the love they share is 10x fold what I value myself as to them. I'm sure Ruben and Winston are proud to have you as their parents, and very fortunate as well! There's a lot if great articles here on the site as well, please make yourself a at home, and join right in when you feel like. Well be looking foreword to reading your threads!! Welcome!!!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to the site. Your babies are beautiful and you have found the right place for information like @Casper has mentioned. It makes me happy to see that you are giving these lovely babies a fighting chance in your fur-ever home.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello... there are few members here with bully babies that have the issues you describe and will be along shortly to maybe provide some insight for you

i tagged a few members

best of luck and look forward to seeing pictures
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Your Bully's are very lucky indeed! I'm so happy you found us, and I know you will find great info and support. My Jake had an umbilical hernia, it was repaired during his neuter and a very simple fix. I can't speak to the more serious things you are dealing with, but it sounds like those sweet babes are in good loving hands.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Hope to see some pics of your boys soon!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome. I have two bullies also with Pulmonic stenosis... one severe, one moderate. No surgery options, yearly echos and med for the moderate case but no meds and yearly echos for the severe. Wouldn't do much good. My boys are not litter mates but are very active and healthy. Sebastian (the severe case) is 2 1/2 years old and Remy is 1 1/2 years old.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to you, Reuben and Winston, so glad you found us! We will be here to support you anything you need ask don't be shy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the forum, lots of good information and support

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw welcome to ebn and bless you for keeping these 2 babies and caring for them. warms my heart that there are still people who love dogs like i do .

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! So glad you're here!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi and welcome to Edy, Jeremy, Ruben and Winston. I also have two siblings a male and female, they are now 16 months old, and their names are Bulldozer and Blossom. I don't have any experience with heart problems, but my two also came with some health issues, and like yourself I would never have considered taking them back to the breeder for my money back or a new puppy. I chose them from day one, and god made them the way they are and I love my babies regardless. My two didn't have as serious problems as heart, but when Bulldozer was 5 months old, he had a growth spurt, and his lower jaw developed a severe underbite, his upper and lower teeth don't meet, so he eats slower, and his lower teeth jut way out, and he's congenitally missing some teeth in the back, also because of this his tongue hangs out of his mouth most of the time, but I think he's darn cute, and it just gives him more character. Blossom was also fine when we bought her, but she developed many allergies which we found out in the first month we had her, she is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn, and grains, she always had red warm ears, pink face and chin, and chin acne, we switched her food a few times, and by trial and error we found Fromms Beef Frittata, and they have been on this food since they were 7 months old, and both are doing really well on it. At 5 months Blossom developed cherry eye in her right eye, and at first I was able to massage it back in, but then it kept coming out, so I waited until she was 7 months old, and had her spayed, and repaired her eye at the same time, to avoid putting her under anesthetic twice. That was my plan, but her other eye came out a week after her surgeries, and when I went back to the vet for her post op checkup, I had her look at her left eye, it was much bigger than the first cherry eye, so we opted to book her surgery right there and then, and repaired the other eye 3 weeks later. We opted to have the eyelid stitched back in, rather than have it removed, and it's been 9 months now, and her eyes are beautiful, with no complications or relapse. We are very happy with the results. It's best to wait until you do a spay or neuter surgery, so you only have to put them to sleep once, but also wait to see if both eyes come out, because they usually do. Your babies are beautiful, and with your care and love they will thrive, and be okay. Good luck, and keep us posted on their progress.

here are some pics of my guys, in the first two of Dozer, you can see his underbite, and his tongue, and you can see Blossoms cherry eye before and after surgery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads