USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New rescue won't listen unless I raise my voice

[QUOTE=helsonwheels;777314]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Wigglebutt View Post

Lilac it is lol

You’re most welcome. I did start couple threads... The EO one you basically need to read all as when I started this thread I modified recipes as I went. Add this remove this type... so before doing a recipe just ask or keep reading..

I call it.....bedtime reading

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-approach.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tial-oils.html

Very informative and good reading! Thank you! I'm still working on getting it all read. Lots of excellent information to process :0)

2. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Update with Shirley Wigglebutt:

Thanks to all the advice and information I have received here, I would like to give everyone an update. I believe we are completely potty trained already.
    From being informed just how stubborn the breed can be, and they think things need to be on their terms, when she stares up at the ceiling when I call her and her blatantly ignoring me, I have tried the ignoring you back approach, slightly turning my back to her. This has worked! If I act like I'm ignoring her, she's immediately like what the... and I have her attention!
    Thank you all so much for educating me so I can be successful with this and with my girl!!!

4. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

A new update with Shirley Wigglebutt:

So at the advice to wait and give Shirley time before trying her room again and to keep her in the small room during my sleep time. She was doing absolutely fabulous for weeks, I really thought we were completely potty trained. With at minimum 2 weeks consist with no messes while I slept, I tried her in room again Sunday night. Seemed to have gone well. Monday when I went in to wake her when I got up, I thought I smelled pee but wasn't sure, thought my nose was playing tricks and I couldn't see any visible signs of a mess. This morning when I went to wake her, her room reeked of pee. I pulled up all her blankets and the mattress pet protector off my futon that she had dug up and bunched up and she had peed all over my futon ruining my mattress. She had pulled blankets over the pee spots and was even sleeping over the freshest wet spot. WHY????? I've been washing blankets since 4am.... I am so disappointed and honestly pretty angry that my futon mattress is ruined. I just wanted her to have a big comfy bed to sleep in even though I have purchased 3 of the raised dog beds for each room.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

A new update with Shirley Wigglebutt:

So at the advice to wait and give Shirley time before trying her room again and to keep her in the small room during my sleep time. She was doing absolutely fabulous for weeks, I really thought we were completely potty trained. With at minimum 2 weeks consist with no messes while I slept, I tried her in room again Sunday night. Seemed to have gone well. Monday when I went in to wake her when I got up, I thought I smelled pee but wasn't sure, thought my nose was playing tricks and I couldn't see any visible signs of a mess. This morning when I went to wake her, her room reeked of pee. I pulled up all her blankets and the mattress pet protector off my futon that she had dug up and bunched up and she had peed all over my futon ruining my mattress. She had pulled blankets over the pee spots and was even sleeping over the freshest wet spot. WHY????? I've been washing blankets since 4am.... I am so disappointed and honestly pretty angry that my futon mattress is ruined. I just wanted her to have a big comfy bed to sleep in even though I have purchased 3 of the raised dog beds for each room.
    Some dogs just can not have blankets or bedding of any type, for reasons unbeknown to us, they will pee on them.

Try no bedding and see how she does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=2BullyMama;777869]Some dogs just can not have blankets or bedding of any type, for reasons unbeknown to us, they will pee on them.

She does great with her throw blankets. She actually got her blankets bunched up over the pee spots trying to hide where she had peed even laying on top of the fresh pee spot this morning to hide it. I know by now that she knows better. She got to spend more time outside yesterday evening before my bedtime than she's been able to due to the weather. Not like she didn't have a large opportunity before "bedtime" to potty.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Shirley Wigglebutt;777870]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Some dogs just can not have blankets or bedding of any type, for reasons unbeknown to us, they will pee on them.

She does great with her throw blankets. She actually got her blankets bunched up over the pee spots trying to hide where she had peed even laying on top of the fresh pee spot this morning to hide it. I know by now that she knows better. She got to spend more time outside yesterday evening before my bedtime than she's been able to due to the weather. Not like she didn't have a large opportunity before "bedtime" to potty.
    This probably isnt about potty... it may be marking or if she was an outside breeder mama she will pee where she sleeps and then cover it to not sleep on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=2BullyMama;777871][QUOTE=Shirley Wigglebutt;777870]

This probably isn’t about potty... it may be marking or if she was an outside breeder mama she will pee where she sleeps and then cover it to not sleep on it

Was told she spent her life in a cage then in small area once litters arrived. By the way she acted when I brought her home, outside seemed new and amazing to her. She hadn't been peeing on any of her blankets or her beds before this last attempt putting her in her own room. And she only peed on my futon using her blankets to hide where she peed. And the futon had not had any other animals on it prior for her to mark.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like she doesn't want to be left alone, after getting the pleasure of your company! Do you have a room without furn. or carpet? Maybe the kitchen, where you can block her in, with a blanket, or a crate with a pad(washable?)
    "
    It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Sounds like she doesn't want to be left alone, after getting the pleasure of your company! Do you have a room without furn. or carpet? Maybe the kitchen, where you can block her in, with a blanket, or a crate with a pad(washable?)
    Unfortunately I have no way from the design of my house to block her into a larger non carpeted area with no furniture than the small room she has had to go to while I sleep. I had my helper come move my futon from the living room into her room to give her a big comfy bed along with one of the large raised dog beds. She used the dog bed to step up onto the futon and not need to jump. I did precautions to protect my carpet in her room. Had it steam cleaned twice, put plastic over the carpet and bought 2 non shag area rugs to put over the plastic and a large washable potty pad. We spend the days mostly in the den where she has another large raised dog bed, more blankets, and her toys. I also feed her in the den. Neither rooms have doors and are less than 10' apart. I have a tall metal walk thru babygate for whichever room she has to go in while I sleep. It's not easy for me to continue to move it back and forth. Since she lived in a cage most of her life, I refuse to put her back in one. I really thought we were totally potty trained and haven't had any accidents in weeks...

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Can it be that she would be better off sleeping in the small room (if I understand you correctly, she does fine in the small room but you want her to get a bigger room)? Perhaps the small room is a better option for the time she cannot spend with you? Is there a reason you want her to be in the bigger room rather than the smaller one?

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

17. Likes 2BullyMama, Cbrugs liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Can it be that she would be better off sleeping in the small room (if I understand you correctly, she does fine in the small room but you want her to get a bigger room)? Perhaps the small room is a better option for the time she cannot spend with you? Is there a reason you want her to be in the bigger room rather than the smaller one?

Yep. It's my main bathroom!!!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yep. It's my main bathroom!!!
    Aha - I see!

I hope the indoor peeing stops; I guess it's a matter of identifying what triggers Shirley's behaviour. Have you checked that there is no draft where she sleeps? We had some bed-wetting episodes after Castor was potty trained, and it turned out the poor thing slept in a draft. As soon as we moved his bed so that the open window night air didn't reach his bed, the bed-wetting stopped.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads