Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Yes, like my forearm bite breaking up Daphne and the Havanese. I was not only bitten, but bruised down to the bone. It got infected and is just now really starting to heal after three weeks of yuckiness.

8defebb50bedd961c0524704f259d556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thats horrible and I am sorry that happened. I believe both dogs would of had a long time out and one heck of a scolding if that happened too me. Chunky looked at me with anger before when playing rough and I always just pushed him back or down and let him know I am bigger and stronger without harming him.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I know when my two dogs have locked on to each other either face to face or one biting the other's paw they are totally feral. They are at that moment oblivious to anything else going on. Last time it happened one had the other's paw in her mouth and was biting hard, and luckily a guest who was over,who knew how to handle dogs, smacked the dog who was doing the biting around the eyes as she wasn't letting go. You only have seconds before serious injury is done.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So sorry what you went through. What has happened since then between Daphne and the Havanese? Since my two dogs have had their last nasty fight I haven't had any nice toys available that they can fight for and have been walking them individually.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry what you went through. What has happened since then between Daphne and the Havanese? Since my two dogs have had their last nasty fight I haven't had any nice toys available that they can fight for and have been walking them individually.

you should try to walk them together... get a second human and walk as a pack--- if not they will not 'pack up' and the issues will continue. The walk should be dogs on outside and humans next to each other till they issues lessen then begin dog human, dog human... this could be just a few days and see if there is any change. Also as you have been doing... no toys or bones when together-- you identified that as a trigger so avoid as you can

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Good idea, if I have anyone with me in the house I will walk with them and both dogs. Unfortunately I'm the only one who can be bothered walking them most of the time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good idea, if I have anyone with me in the house I will walk with them and both dogs. Unfortunately I'm the only one who can be bothered walking them most of the time.

Seems to be that way in almost every household...

Members online

No members online now.