Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sleeping in my bed

As soon as they were fully house trained, they were in bed with us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon sleeps with us if one of us is not home, and occasionally if the weather permits and he is really tired. On a normal day he couldn't sleep with us because he will get up and wonder around or chew on the blanket in the bed while we are asleep.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Amber sleeps in bed with our daughter and started doing so at about 6 months old. She sometimes doesn't want to sleep there and instead sleeps on the loveseat. It just depends; Ruby is just a pup and sleeps in her crate next to my side of the bed. Hopefully, when she gets older she will still enjoy sleeping in her crate. We are all rough sleepers in the family so having pets in the bed isn't always a good thing. Plus the Maincoon cat likes the foot of the bed and if Amber is in our bed it becomes a fight over who will get that spot. Since the Maincoon has been with us since 2008 and claimed that spot long ago he has seniority but sometimes he is willing to share his spot with Amber, no often but it does happen.

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Forde isn't allowed to sleep with me ........he can be controlling of things at times and I think it allows me the opportunity to show him that he doesn't control anything I do........he has ONE time , as he did with my couch , ran and jumped on my bed which is really high....... peed then jumped right off with that " TAKE THAT LADY" look he sometimes has......
    not long ago my daughter spent the night at my house, she slept with me.........Forde sat beside the bed doing his mumbling bully talk he does.......it was too cute however Forde does have a nice comfy bed right beside me on the floor with all his stuffed friends and he loves it !
    Last edited by FORDE'SMOM; 05-14-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)

Colossus doesnt sleep in the bed and Colossus WONT sleep in the bed. Thats my territory. He does sleep on the couch or loveseat. He has a comforter that he was in when he was dropped at the vet (before I got him) that I put on the loveseat and he just hopped up on it last night. So I think that will be his spot. He has a "bed" in his corral that he will sleep in VERY occasionally. He normally crashes on the floor, the loveseat, or the couch (normally in the spots I sit).

Since he has got run of the house he does come into the bedroom and snort around to wake me up when he needs to go out. Im kind of impressed.

Bully Bootie Duty My kids have 4 paws's Avatar
    Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus and Paisley
    Likes (Received)

I'm thinking paisley will do great because tonight after coming in from outside playing she took a perch on the chair and passed out. I had my room blocked off so they couldn't run and jump on the bed.

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    ernie
    Likes (Received)

how do you guys get them on and off the bed? my bed is higher than normal.....

Bully Bootie Duty My kids have 4 paws's Avatar
    Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus and Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by erniesmom View Post
    how do you guys get them on and off the bed? my bed is higher than normal.....
    Paisley is a jumper.... But Zeus puts his front legs up and I help him up. However, we are going to get a ramp for him. They have ramps and steps. Just make sure if you get steps that they are wider steps ya know?

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads