Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats for dinner tonight?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

WOW! Can you come cook for me? I am tired thinking about all that. Looks YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Authentic Salsa recipe:

4 Tomatos
    1-2 Jalepenos (stems removed only)
    Cilantro
    Salt
    Onion

Boil 1-2 Jalepenos (depending on how hot you want it) until they change to an opaque shade of their original color. Add 4 tomatos and make sure the water covers the tops of the tomatos. Boil until the skin starts to separate from the tomato. Scoop out the peppers and Tomatos and put in blender. Put several leaves of fresh cilantro (to taste, I use tons cuz I love cilantro) in the blender and sprinkle with salt. Blend for about 10-15 seconds

Dice up half a small yellow onion. Add to blended mixture. Cool in refridgerator for 30 mins or more and stir.

**tips: I have used other peppers as well. Last year I had 5 different types of pepper plants: habenero, jalepeno, salsa, yellow grandes and cerrano. I boiled these all together in a pot, and blended them. I put the mix into ice cube trays. Now I have "pepper cubes" that I can use for cooking. I just add one of these cubes to 4 tomatos, thus bypassing the pepper boiling step. It is also 100X more delicious, and the mixture of pepper flavors is wonderful!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oooh and how easy is that? Will try that one for sure the next party we have.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

our summer dinners are always something fresh, local, and grilled! we live in vermont and are surrounded with farms, producing everything you could possibly want. we usually pick up some fresh mesclun greens, spinach and arugula, and something to throw on the grill (fish, local beef or beefalo, local lamb or chicken). then we put whatever we grilled onto the greens and mmmmm. it's so healthy, fresh and easy to make, and not much clean-up!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

That is interesting would love to start eating more greens. Aside from spinach I mean. Have never made any others tho.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok need help fast. I have a dilema and dont know what to make. I have 2 options, 1 is a cheese ravioli casserole or 2 is a chicken and rice dish that bakes in cream of mushroom soup with bacon. Hubby said surprise him and both sound yummy. UGH!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Cheese ravioli casserole! Oh and I'd love the recipe for it

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

No recipe really, I am winging it. RR did a ravioli lasagne but her dishes take a little too much work for me so I am just using our fav jarred sauce (spruced up a bit), ravioli and cheese but maybe I will layer in some cottage cheese somewhere. Dang it if I had bought spinach i could have added that too but oh well. Cant go wrong with red sauce my hubby says. That one cooks faster too so maybe that one tonight and the chicken next week.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I demand that Ravioli Casserole recipe!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok well what I did was get thr frozen ravioli with cheese, or any kind you want. Pour a little bit of sauce in the bottom of the 9x13 or whatever it is pan. Layer the ravioli, uncooked. Then I dabbed a little more sauce and some cottage cheese (alot of time I will add in some frozen spinach to the cottage cheese) then more ravioli and then sauce and I topped it with sliced provolone since I had that on hand and parm. Bake in 400 degrees for a half hour or so and done.

I also found an awesome recipe for garlic cheese bread too that is to die for. Not sure on exact amounts without looking at the recipe but you can eyeball it, I do anyways. Not one to measure much. About 1 cup of margerine, 1/4 cup of parm, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, fresh garlic (I only use 1 clove since I grate it is is more strong a flavor but recipe said to use 3 tsp I think) like 1/2 tsp ground garlic dash of pepper and thats it. I did add in a dash of worstechire cuz it is yummy that way. Just mix and put on your bread as usual. I think it is better than the clearman's cheese stuff I used to buy at the store if anyone has had that.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

oooooooh nummy!! Will have to try those!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whats for dinner tonight?

Any recipe that sounds good to me, I save. Well I saved your salsa recipe @desertskybulldogs. Last week, my co-worker brought a bunch of fresh tomatoes and jalapenos into work for everyone from her garden. I got most of them! So I made your salsa on Monday! SOOOOOO GOOD!! I added more jalapenos then that though because we like it hot!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads