Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gardening 2020

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    @helsonwheels Canadian tomatoes looking good so far! They need to stay indoors until much bigger, but my other boxes with seedlings now get to spend the day in the greenhouse (a budget version from the diy store). Mixed results so far, so will probably sow some more.
    Attachment 118884

Attachment 118885
    I presume the 150 is my seed? We started also our seeds in a heated tent in the garage as nights it’s still -5ish n in a spare room I have I got another tent. Backyard still has full of snow so nothing will go out for another long month or so. Btw, nice set up Missy!!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    We started a small garden here... I have never had a green thumb and always did better with animals than plants.. I got some tortoises a few years back and in learning about them and their care, I also learned how to grow a few things for their habitat and food.. with those small success’es, this year I decided to expand. We planted some cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and pumpkin.... all from seed. Some we started inside in a seed tray and then transplanted and some went directly outside... they are all up and green so far;-) Cinder even helped some!
    You guys have like summer all year round. For me that is lol. Interesting you’re into tortoises n their food. You should post photos of them. You know no one is born with a green thumb. Green thumbs are created by not giving up n insisting on eating fresh from our backyards but mainly seeing our creations n achievements. I know some friends back home don’t have big back yards to no backyards n they grow in buckets n bags. Works just as well.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I presume the 150 is my seed? We started also our seeds in a heated tent in the garage as nights it’s still -5ish n in a spare room I have I got another tent. Backyard still has full of snow so nothing will go out for another long month or so. Btw, nice set up Missy!!
    Yes, all the tomato seeds are yours - besides the 150 one, the others are marked CA for Canada :-)
    So sorry to hear you still have snow... we did have five minutes of hail this morning but then it was back to wind and sun.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes helsonwheels, EllieMay liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    We started a small garden here... I have never had a green thumb and always did better with animals than plants.. I got some tortoises a few years back and in learning about them and their care, I also learned how to grow a few things for their habitat and food.. with those small success’es, this year I decided to expand. We planted some cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and pumpkin.... all from seed. Some we started inside in a seed tray and then transplanted and some went directly outside... they are all up and green so far;-) Cinder even helped some!
    Nice - sounds like a full garden!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

6. Likes EllieMay liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads