Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Pure GS is not a breed that gets along with others. If they are raised together, its a different story. But....they will tolerate if raised together and will*still show who's the boss. Like Christine said, they need to work. Some more than others like the one I had. Work like walk or run 10km a day, jump up n down, run freely and swim etc etc...on regular basis. Border collies are the same, the need to move more than other dogs.

When I was young I got attacked by a GS. It was our neighbors dog. I used to always go over there to play with him and then one day I was walking through their hallway and he jumped on me and pinned me to the wall and bit my arm.

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
I can not get a picture of them... these pictures are all from my awesome pet sitter who is doing two visits a day and I am doing one... she gets the photos I'm sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well they have to pretend to be modest sometimes

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When I was young I got attacked by a GS. It was our neighbors dog. I used to always go over there to play with him and then one day I was walking through their hallway and he jumped on me and pinned me to the wall and bit my arm.

He was protecting his house. That's what they do as it's their territory and you're not part of it.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Probably not worked enough and you were where he felt you should not be

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He was protecting his house. That's what they do as it's their territory and you're not part of it.

Probably not worked enough and you were where he felt you should not be

I rarely see the breed around anymore. Maybe they just are not a "Seattle" dog. However there is one in Louie's puppy class, a female.

Members online

No members online now.