Dilemma

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
So I'm not to sure if ive put this in the right place Appoligies if I have..... so last week we got new neighbours who seem to own a cat....I'm not really a cat person but don't mind them hanging around as long as their not bothering my dogs well anyway since they've moved in their cat has took to emptying it's bowls in my garden & every day I'm having to go out clean the cat poo up before I can even let the dogs out..I don't want them messing/ sniffing it...I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion on how to stop said cat from coming in my garden and doing its business?? i'm at a loss [emoji17]... I've tried speaking to the own about this but it's fell on deaf ears, I don't really think their the cleanest of people when it comes to cleaning up after their pets or in general they also have two oldish dogs which they don't seem to clean up after either they back garden is full of feaces etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
This may sound mean and forgive me if it is but its totally harmless to secretly spray the cat with a water bottle, most cats hate water and if you can catch it in your yard give i a little swift spray of water when you can and maybe it will stay home. :whistle:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cat be gone, they sell it in a can, spray a little on the dirt and I guarantee they will never come into your garden again.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
This may sound mean and forgive me if it is but its totally harmless to secretly spray the cat with a water bottle, most cats hate water and if you can catch it in your yard give i a little swift spray of water when you can and maybe it will stay home. :whistle:

No not mean at all I have thought about doing that but can never seem to catch the little blighter in the garden

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Cat be gone, they sell it in a can, spray a little on the dirt and I guarantee they will never come into your garden again.

Will I be able to pick this up at most pet stores? And is it safe to use around the dogs?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They should sell something like that around you, I apologize I'm in L.A. and I didn't realize your in Blackpool. Anywhere where they sell live plants and shrubs should be able to give you good tips. The internet is full of all natural rat,,,,i mean cat deterrents. [MENTION=13035]rubymummy[/MENTION]

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] haha rat is defiantly the right word for it..it's frustrating how people can let their cats roam all over carrying out the business in people's gardens etc but if we where to let our pooches roam & carry out there business in people's gardens etc well that would be a whole different story [emoji57]... I should imagine Id be able to get it from over here or maybe Amazon [emoji3]

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] thank-you ..there's some great tips in here think il give the citrus peels a try - I update in a few days of how I get on with it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Watching this thread.... we have a few feral cats that wander our yard, i want them to stay at the lower end of our yard to keep the mice and snakes out, but I do not want them up in the patio area where the dogs tend to relax

Good luck Donna!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank-you Christine........Eurgh snakes [emoji85] I'm glad we don't have to deal with them over here don't think I'd ever go out the house if we did lol....I'm going to give some of these tips a try over the next couple of days so will update on how ive got on in a few days [emoji3]@2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank-you Christine........Eurgh snakes [emoji85] I'm glad we don't have to deal with them over here don't think I'd ever go out the house if we did lol....I'm going to give some of these tips a try over the next couple of days so will update on how ive got on in a few days [emoji3]@2BullyMama

Last night went to take the pups out at around 9 PM... guess who/what was on the patio!!?? Feral cat #1... I did not see him till after I opened the door... Cheli took off like a bat out of hell and all I got to see was a tail fly into the woods -- this morning I find his 'gift'... GROWL!! Also, keep in mind, cat poo is a delicacy to a dog, something about it they have a hard time not want to chew it up :barf:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Last night went to take the pups out at around 9 PM... guess who/what was on the patio!!?? Feral cat #1... I did not see him till after I opened the door... Cheli took off like a bat out of hell and all I got to see was a tail fly into the woods -- this morning I find his 'gift'... GROWL!! Also, keep in mind, cat poo is a delicacy to a dog, something about it they have a hard time not want to chew it up :barf:

Oh you'd better believe that… our bulldogs could not get enough "kitty cookies" when we had our cat. Ugh… so gross!!! Lol

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby

I guess he won't be coming on the patio again after cheli sending him packing.....Eurgh hope none of mine start eating it that's gross

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
We have an outside cat. He's a good kitty and doesn't poo in the front yard where the boys go(I think) but I bought all fish food with no chicken added for him just in case Henry got ahold of some. Lol!

📰 Latest posts

Members online